Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postage rates
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Now, just to add to it. On ebay I always just select the global shipping program. In my listing it says I ship via the global shipping programs. Regardless, when an auction is won, the people who win outside of the US complain that I use the global shipping program. Shipping costs are crazy now but gone are the days when you could trust anyone.

Posts: 5457 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to grab some blaster boxes of the new Stranger Things set via EbayUK. The items were a fair price £30 for 2 boxes. But shipping is £20+ not including any added import charges (Especially if via courier!) which doubles the price. Suddenly not such a 'bargain' anymore. Shame for UK collectors as the import rises is why my local comic stores don't stock anything except CCGs like Pokemon and Magic The Gathering.

Posts: 934 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a shame for sellers too, although there are some that are convinced that sellers are denying them sales just for the sadistic fun of it, a lot of us have lost a ton of business to the U.K. and Canada over the lat 8 years due to insane postage costs and VATs.

Posts: 537 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
US postal rates have increased yet again as of today,the first of 2 price increases this year. Domestic rates for parcels have gone up as much as 15% and the new zone and DIM weight systems designed to increase prices regardless of weight. I haven't sent anything to the UK under the new price structure but its gone up past $14 for anything in a 6x9 padded envelope.

But go on and keep thinking it's collusion by U.S. sellers to deny UK collectors of cards.

Posts: 537 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you beat me too it i have put up a post on the News and Rumours page i should think that the new charges will be across the board world wide and as I say how long will it take E bay to capatilise on this with new expensive and complicated shipping systems I now expect other countries postal systems to follow suit New Zealand have recently raised theirs look out UK

Posts: 165 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I asked a US seller how much postage for a card I was bidding on in December and the answer was $25.00. Same seller, same question today - $33.00.

Posts: 3680 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yet oddly, I can order a full size rolled 40 x 30 poster from the States to the UK. Charge? A straight up $10!

Posts: 209 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Yet oddly, I can order a full size rolled 40 x 30 poster from the States to the UK. Charge? A straight up $10!

Seller is probably using FedEx International Mail, but that is a contract service only available to sellers who ship 50+ international items a week. Smaller sellers are still stuck using regular mail almost 3x the rates of Fedex Int Mail.