Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    WOW...Check out what this Harry Potter GOF Robert Pattinson autograph sold for...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WOW...Check out what this Harry Potter GOF Robert Pattinson autograph sold for...
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
... 34 bids .... $1,226.01!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harry-Pott...9bb&autorefresh=true

I've noticed a couple other Potter autographs that are selling quite high now -- GOF Brendan Gleeson/Mad-Eye Moody sells for at least $350 when it's listed and the last two GOF Update Clemence Poesy/Fleur Delacour autos sold for $248 and $302.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Some bidders really went crazy with this one. The high bidder also placed another bid that was more than $1226.01.

Posts: 1063 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just imagine what the prices would have been if Inkworks had managed to get autos for their Twilight set Eek .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Many a day I remember walking past Robert Pattinson sitting at a table at a signing event in the UK (when Goblet of Fire came out) thinking he was just a new kid, who, like so many others, would fade into obscurity. Oh how I wish I had paid for a stack of signed pics I could sell for ridiculously high prices today to people who seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Even with Twilight fandom, I don't know what to think of that price Logan. Its insane. Unfortunately the 'more money than sense' winning bidder will undoubtedly set a precedent with sellers popping up all over with BINs of $900 which they'll all call a "bargain."

Did not know Gleeson was selling for such high amounts these days! I'll have to tell the Mrs as she pulled that card from her one box of GOF.

I notice Gary Oldman and John Cleese Potter cards seem to fetch silly money nowadays as well.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow... It makes me think that I should put my Pattinson auto up for sale now, lol. I bought that card for $50 when the set came out just because I liked Cedric in the books- looks like it was a good buy!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My son pulled out his Harry Potter autos/costume/prop cards last week and I noticed he had this auto. Looks like I need to try to get him to sell it for himself!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
Wow... It makes me think that I should put my Pattinson auto up for sale now, lol. I bought that card for $50 when the set came out just because I liked Cedric in the books- looks like it was a good buy!

Yeah, I'll say, you could make a 1K profit Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up the dual signed Pattinson/Ianevski card right before Twilight came out. I think I paid $40.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More Potter madness..... three more GOF autos just sold, Robert Pattinson for $870, Gary Oldman for $405, and Brendan Gleeson for $408. I'd say Goblet of Fire hobby boxes are looking pretty good right about now. I realize 99.9% of these prices are due to the final film recently being in theaters but maybe a little of it has to do with Artbox announcing they are not making any more Potter sets. Now there is a finite number of each actor's autograph on official Harry Potter cards and there will be no more. Maybe that has got collectors in a bit of a frenzy too.

Also, in case anyone besides me was wondering, the transaction from my original post with the $1,226.01 Robert Pattinson autograph was completed. I checked today and both the buyer and seller left positive feedback for each other. That may be more astonishing than the sale price. Eek

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post