Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
WOW...Check out what this Harry Potter GOF Robert Pattinson autograph sold for...

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/8467052806

August 11, 2011, 10:09 PM
Logan
WOW...Check out what this Harry Potter GOF Robert Pattinson autograph sold for...
... 34 bids .... $1,226.01!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harry-Pott...9bb&autorefresh=true

I've noticed a couple other Potter autographs that are selling quite high now -- GOF Brendan Gleeson/Mad-Eye Moody sells for at least $350 when it's listed and the last two GOF Update Clemence Poesy/Fleur Delacour autos sold for $248 and $302.
August 11, 2011, 10:55 PM
kbmum
Some bidders really went crazy with this one. The high bidder also placed another bid that was more than $1226.01.
August 12, 2011, 06:36 AM
Triple-Frog
Just imagine what the prices would have been if Inkworks had managed to get autos for their Twilight set Eek .
August 12, 2011, 08:44 AM
X
Many a day I remember walking past Robert Pattinson sitting at a table at a signing event in the UK (when Goblet of Fire came out) thinking he was just a new kid, who, like so many others, would fade into obscurity. Oh how I wish I had paid for a stack of signed pics I could sell for ridiculously high prices today to people who seem to think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Even with Twilight fandom, I don't know what to think of that price Logan. Its insane. Unfortunately the 'more money than sense' winning bidder will undoubtedly set a precedent with sellers popping up all over with BINs of $900 which they'll all call a "bargain."

Did not know Gleeson was selling for such high amounts these days! I'll have to tell the Mrs as she pulled that card from her one box of GOF.

I notice Gary Oldman and John Cleese Potter cards seem to fetch silly money nowadays as well.
August 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
riddler_149
Wow... It makes me think that I should put my Pattinson auto up for sale now, lol. I bought that card for $50 when the set came out just because I liked Cedric in the books- looks like it was a good buy!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
August 12, 2011, 03:15 PM
barobehere
My son pulled out his Harry Potter autos/costume/prop cards last week and I noticed he had this auto. Looks like I need to try to get him to sell it for himself!
August 13, 2011, 05:55 AM
Sidewinder
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
Wow... It makes me think that I should put my Pattinson auto up for sale now, lol. I bought that card for $50 when the set came out just because I liked Cedric in the books- looks like it was a good buy!

Yeah, I'll say, you could make a 1K profit Smile
August 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
ts
I picked up the dual signed Pattinson/Ianevski card right before Twilight came out. I think I paid $40.
August 20, 2011, 10:44 PM
Logan
More Potter madness..... three more GOF autos just sold, Robert Pattinson for $870, Gary Oldman for $405, and Brendan Gleeson for $408. I'd say Goblet of Fire hobby boxes are looking pretty good right about now. I realize 99.9% of these prices are due to the final film recently being in theaters but maybe a little of it has to do with Artbox announcing they are not making any more Potter sets. Now there is a finite number of each actor's autograph on official Harry Potter cards and there will be no more. Maybe that has got collectors in a bit of a frenzy too.

Also, in case anyone besides me was wondering, the transaction from my original post with the $1,226.01 Robert Pattinson autograph was completed. I checked today and both the buyer and seller left positive feedback for each other. That may be more astonishing than the sale price. Eek