Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The tobacco style cards were discussed previously , consensus is they are homemade .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
CalHarley
The cards are from Monster Greetings issued in 1965

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CalHarley
posted Hide Post
Silmapco,

Thanks.

Are we there yet?

Posts: 40 | Location: Cushing, ME | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's from Todd Borenstein's Art of Curves.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
The set is Art of Curves... by Todd Bernstein.
There are 3 promos to the set.
There is a variation of the same promo set which is a darker purple on the backs.
Also there is a 3 HOLOGRAM promo set with the word Prototype stamped on the backs.
There is also another set of Holograms with no back.
These same holograms are the inserts in the set.
There is also another set of art inserts like the promos with an embossed silver "The Art of Curves" on the bottom of the cards
There are also a 3 card hologram set in a black envelope with one card signed by Todd Bernstein. This set comes in Silver and Gold Holograms.
There is also a 4 card Phone Card prototype set with one signed by Todd with the artwork on the front.
And finally, there is an uncut sheet of the gold holograms.
By the way there is also a set of cards.

Hope this helps.
Tony

Posts: 35 | Location: Stoughton, MA, USA | Registered: July 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who JB is? This sketch card is amazing. Cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...e=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno who JB is, but it looks like a card that has been printed, then colored over the printing. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in Rittenhouse's Marvel 70th Anniversary cards, what is the card number of the Daredevil foil parallel!?!? many thanks!

Posts: 15 | Location: LA LA land | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
The only Daredevil one I see is a sticker #S14.
http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=209

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
The only Daredevil one I see is a sticker #S14.
http://scifihobby.com/products...cklist.cfm?SetID=209

hmm...a buddy was asking me about it and i said i didn't think 70th had foil parallel. he must be mistaken for another set. nonetheless thanks!

Posts: 15 | Location: LA LA land | Registered: March 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPoS:
in Rittenhouse's Marvel 70th Anniversary cards, what is the card number of the Daredevil foil parallel!?!? many thanks!

Marvel 70th DID have a metallic ink parallel set.

You're probably looking for the card number 55 in both the parallel and regular base sets. It has DD over Kingpin.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

You're probably looking for the card number 55 in both the parallel and regular base sets. It has DD over Kingpin.

Ed

straight from the horses mouth,

"Hmm, now I'm confused. Must be the metallic parallel. The one I'm thinking about is the yellow DD, same action pose as on the cover of DD#1. Think it's the same as the sticker set for the 70th."

does that help!? so it that the 70th?! i really am no help since divas is my first marvel cards since elementary school! haha

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Ed

straight from the horses mouth,

"Hmm, now I'm confused. Must be the metallic parallel. The one I'm thinking about is the yellow DD, same action pose as on the cover of DD#1. Think it's the same as the sticker set for the 70th."

does that help!? so it that the 70th?! i really am no help since divas is my first marvel cards since elementary school! haha

I should have kept looking...

Card 27 has the yellow DD
Card 55 has the red DD

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
I picked up these two cards recently off ebay. I know that they are Bosis art but both are on flimsy plastic like paper are highly "glittered" and (most strangely) are blank backed. The card of the girl on a dino is taken from card #39 of the Boris 1 set. The other image looks familiar to me and reminded me more of Bernie Wrightson rather than Boris but I have a full collection of both artists and cannot find this image. Logic says that they are either promos or inserts. Beats me - any ideas??

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Oooop! Altzheimers kicking in again as I forgot to add the images!! Here go.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the cards are from the Keepsake Collections

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Further to above try Buns and Boris;Beauties & Beasts

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I've seen a Keepsake Collection listing somewhere but now I can't find it. It's not on Jeff's site nor in Todd's promo guide or Encyclopedia. Anyway, aren't the Keepsakes oversized cards?? These two are regular sized.
Also what's Buns and Boris;Beauties & Beasts???
Sean
PS Don't forget that I still want your mail addy.

Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
The girl on the Dino (by Boris) is indeed from a keepsake collection by Comic Images.

A keepsake collection normally contains:
- 6 oversized cards,
- 1 uncut "normal card size" sheet (of the 6 oversized cards) and
- 1 extra prism(ish) trading card.

I'm not sure about the second card. I think it's by Michael Whelan ?

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
btlfanz
BUNS is the name of one of the Boris Keepsake Collections.The other is Boris:Beauties & Beasts

Not sure where they are broken down as to what is in the collection.