Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Identi-Card Thread
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John

____________________
 
Posts: 1908 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a nice bonus to have matching serial numbers. You can try contacting the artists directly.

Jess


quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John
 
Posts: 2836 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
I have a set of these also, they came free with a magazine called 'Inside Comics' which only lasted for a few issues.
My cards also have the same number.



quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John
 
Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steshell:
I have a set of these also, they came free with a magazine called 'Inside Comics' which only lasted for a few issues.
My cards also have the same number.



quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

Many thanks for your assistance, I only wish I could remember where and how I came by the Inside Comics cards especially with three all bearing the same number. It was most likely an eBay transaction as I have not been to a card show in some years.

regards

John


steshell

Many thanks, I don't collect Comics but it is nice to know a cards origins.

regards

John

____________________
 
Posts: 1908 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen these cards identified as from a Hostess promotion in 1991 but there were two other ones that year: the yellow background stickers and the white-bordered "Secret of the Ooze" cards. I vaguely recall that these were vending machine cards/stickers from the 90's but does anyone know for sure? The licensee is Surge LIC, Inc., which is the same company that had the license to do the yellow-background stickers.


 
Posts: 2836 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received this card in a lot of maybe 20 promo cards including some oddball regional city services promos and business cards in trading card form. This card is standard size with the same red sparkle/glitter pattern front and back. I asked the seller about it but he didn't know where it came from, just unloading a lot he picked up as part of a larger lot.

I didn't know what it was guessing that it might be one of those Dart Flipcards business card promos but I checked PCE2008 and there's nothing like it listed. I thought the front and/or back might peel-off but there's no indication of that so I didn't try to do it. Maybe somebody here knows what it is or has heard of something like it.


This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
 
Posts: 2836 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A search shows that there is something called a Red Glitter card that you can order as decorative paper. I think its one-sided though, but it resembles it.

Are you sure its not a separator or some sort of pack filler? If it can't peel or open up and has no writing on it, I don't know how its a trading card, promo or otherwise. A business card has to say something. The only other things I can think of is some sort of token or access pass or a card from a game, but that's wild guesses.
 
Posts: 9017 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't think of a pack filler. That could be it as it explains why it's standard card size. It could be a separator from a company that sells card storage boxes for the same reason. I assume it was thrown into the lot with the promos as an afterthought.

Maybe it's an extremely generous gift currently unrecognized. Maybe if I stare into it long enough, I will see the future.


quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A search shows that there is something called a Red Glitter card that you can order as decorative paper. I think its one-sided though, but it resembles it.

Are you sure its not a separator or some sort of pack filler? If it can't peel or open up and has no writing on it, I don't know how its a trading card, promo or otherwise. A business card has to say something. The only other things I can think of is some sort of token or access pass or a card from a game, but that's wild guesses.
 
Posts: 2836 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I received this card in a lot of maybe 20 promo cards including some oddball regional city services promos and business cards in trading card form. This card is standard size with the same red sparkle/glitter pattern front and back. I asked the seller about it but he didn't know where it came from, just unloading a lot he picked up as part of a larger lot.


My guess would be that it's a printer's sample of an available card stock.

I've received samples like this before of different papers available to print on.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4859 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't think of that either. That makes sense too.
 
Posts: 2836 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013