Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cards To Watch
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Another from Game of Thrones Bella Ramsey has landed the main female lead role of Ella in HBO's upcoming The last of Us Tv series alongside Pedro Pascal.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Another from Game of Thrones Bella Ramsey has landed the main female lead role of Ella in HBO's upcoming The last of Us Tv series alongside Pedro Pascal.

Thanks for the tip, that has always been an autograph on my list to pick up, but I haven't done it. . . looks like it is time.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A common signer from Game of Thrones is Robert Aramayo, who had the small role of the young Ned Stark. Well he has been doing some films, but he is also cast in Amazon's new massive Lord of the Rings series. It's scheduled for 5 seasons and the first year will cost 465M. Total cost is expected to be 1 billion when its done.

Aramayo is rumored to have the lead character. So his two autograph cards are ones to watch if it takes off.

Noticed he was mentioned a couple pages back. Apologies, didn't realize it or know how much money Amazon was sinking into this. It doesn't seem to be a remake at all, different time in Middle Earth.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I wonder what a Pedro Pascal Buffy card would be worth if Inkworks could have gotten him to sign from his single episode?

Posts: 4844 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I wonder what a Pedro Pascal Buffy card would be worth if Inkworks could have gotten him to sign from his single episode?

I think he would have signed Pedro Balmaceda, so I don't know if that would count as more or less value. Wink

I'm not sure about Pascal. I liked him in Game of Thrones. You really don't see him much in the Mandalorian and I just watched Wonder Woman 1984, he was terrible. I mean the script was bad, but he just took that part and made him the least charming con man or formidable villain you could find.

It might be that he looks his best in suits of armor. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I'm not sure about Pascal. I liked him in Game of Thrones. You really don't see him much in the Mandalorian and I just watched Wonder Woman 1984, he was terrible. I mean the script was bad, but he just took that part and made him the least charming con man or formidable villain you could find.

It might be that he looks his best in suits of armor. Big Grin

I don't think I can express how much I hated HATED! WW84. A complete dumpster fire. I think I could forgive it if some other team had to take over but knowing that the same people that gave us the first one gave us the second really shows how out of touch they are. How little they cared about what they accomplished with that first film.

Anyway...back on topic. Janina Gavankar was just announced for a lead role in the Borderlands movie. Typically this would mean disaster but if a video game movie is done right it could be great. This one has Cate Blanchett, Jack Black, Jamie Lee Curtis and Kevin Hart attached to it. Eli Roth directing.

Posts: 4844 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I checked prices on the Vampirella hologram yesterday. It has bumped up a bit with four selling in the $45-60 range in the past three months.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
In the time I was thinking about the Kirsten Dunst and Julian Glover autographs I was also thinking about an older card but it seemed to have settled into a range it was not going to move out of. It's the rare hologram from the Vampirella Gallery set (Topps, 1995). The front shows a classic rendition of Vampirella by Jose Gonzalez from 1972. The hologram offers the effect of looking at the work through a time portal before it became reprinted at least a few times as a poster and before it inspired a number of artists with their renditions of the character. I see there is at least one collectible statue honoring the work as well.

I remember the card being worth $30-40 out of the box. It was inserted roughly one per 10 boxes. One of my friends pulled one out of a pack and he showed it to me around mid-1996. It's a great card whether as comic book history, vintage horror, or pin-up.

It was in $40-50 range by 2008 but then it dropped in value like a lot of cards by 2015. I saw one offered for as low as $20 around that time. I had bought one by late 1996 and passed on it.

A couple of years ago, I noticed it was selling for $30-40 again and thought it would hold at that value. However, it appears with the interest in the two Vampirella sets released by Dynamite in the past couple of years some collectors are looking to see what was offered in the past. I saw one card sold for $70 in the past couple of months and that got me wondering if that was just an isolated impulse buy or an indicator of a trend.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Hannah John-Kamen from GoT and Ant Man and Wasp has just been announced to play Red Sonja!

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dang. Hannah's GoT auto has been on my 'to buy' list for a while -- seems like they are already double what they were selling for last time I checked. Still reasonable, IMHO if you can find 'em.

I do have one of her Ant Man autographs. . .

But really -- I hope they do a set for this film with autographs and sketches. . .

Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
Since Jessica Alba sold her Honest Brand company for over $100M yesterday, I wonder if she's going to give up acting and pursue "business" full-time. Maybe her old autos will be worth even more $$$?

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
Since Jessica Alba sold her Honest Brand company for over $100M yesterday, I wonder if she's going to give up acting and pursue "business" full-time. Maybe her old autos will be worth even more $$$?

I think Honest Brand went public, she has lots of stock and will do what she's been doing. Personally I'd say she gave up acting long ago. Big Grin

Looks like her Dark Angel autograph is selling for $1,800 and up now. I think there is room to grow because that's not a terrific percentage increase from a couple of years ago when it was already a top card and someone is going to grade gem mint. She is one of those blessed actresses that will always have demand despite themselves. I'm just kidding, but it is true anyway. Wink

As for Hannah John-Kamen, she has only one FB in GoT from Season 6. It is possible that she will have more autograph cards in the upcoming Iron 1 because RA usually gets multiple designs signed at once and she might be a signer held back, as is usual for them.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have another card to watch for autograph collectors. It's Max Greenfield's Veronica Mars Season 1 A-9 card. He went on to star in "The New Girl" which ran for 7 seasons and is in "The Neighborhood, currently in its third season. His card has sold recently in the $4-8 range and at most in the $15-20 range. If he gets into a big franchise in the future, that card could make a big jump.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This seems like the right place to mention that I noticed the other day blaster boxes of Panini's 2010 Justin Bieber set selling at absurd prices on eBay. A month ago the blaster boxes were $10. Now they're selling for $40+ and all of the listings mention a possible Drake and Justin Bieber rookie card.

I had no idea singers could have rookie cards but the card itself has sold for over $100 several times in the past week or so, sometimes as high as $400. I don't get it. It's not even autographed.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:

I had no idea singers could have rookie cards but the card itself has sold for over $100 several times in the past week or so, sometimes as high as $400. I don't get it. It's not even autographed.

They don't have rookie cards, it's a sports card term. The best you could say is first appearance and if it's in a non-sport set, that could apply to multiple cards.

For non-sport cards, even first appearance in an autograph card means essentially nothing. The reason being, while a rookie sports card is often regarded as the player's best card or at least one of the highest priced, even a first non-sport autograph card can be easily surpassed in demand and price by subsequent autograph cards from better titles, or higher priced sets, or in more limited copies. So a first signed card does not automatically translate to a "best" card.

If people are buying Bieber and Drake base cards for hundreds of dollars, its because that's what they are willing to spend on them, whether they believe the terminology or not. It doesn't make it smart, but like the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute". Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:

You mean she started acting?? Razz

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
This seems like the right place to mention that I noticed the other day blaster boxes of Panini's 2010 Justin Bieber set selling at absurd prices on eBay. A month ago the blaster boxes were $10. Now they're selling for $40+ and all of the listings mention a possible Drake and Justin Bieber rookie card.

The Taylor SWift/Kanye West card (also not autographed) from Topps 2011 American Pie likewise seems to have shot up in value of late.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

They don't have rookie cards, it's a sports card term. The best you could say is first appearance and if it's in a non-sport set, that could apply to multiple cards.

For non-sport cards, even first appearance in an autograph card means essentially nothing. The reason being, while a rookie sports card is often regarded as the player's best card or at least one of the highest priced, even a first non-sport autograph card can be easily surpassed in demand and price by subsequent autograph cards from better titles, or higher priced sets, or in more limited copies. So a first signed card does not automatically translate to a "best" card.

If people are buying Bieber and Drake base cards for hundreds of dollars, its because that's what they are willing to spend on them, whether they believe the terminology or not. It doesn't make it smart, but like the saying goes, "there's a sucker born every minute". Big Grin

I've seen people use the term "rookie card" for non-sports before, I just don't know why anyone would. It only makes sense for sports cards when there are cards for players who are literally rookies. Bet it's used mostly by sellers trying to hype cards they have for sale.

Anyone buying the Bieber/Drake card for stupid money either knows something the rest of us don't or is sadly misinformed about the value of said card.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone buying the Bieber/Drake card for stupid money either knows something the rest of us don't or is sadly misinformed about the value of said card.

Well that's about right and it's up to the individual to decide which camp they are in. However there used to be some accepted hobby guidelines to follow and now it's every man for himself. The idea that any collectible is worth what someone will pay for it was fine, until overproduced .25 cent base cards started to be sold for $100. Surely that can't be right, but they are there in the eBay sold listings. So that makes it so. Big Grin

One of the hallmark differences between sports cards and non-sport cards, besides the rookie designations, is that base set sports cards were routinely priced individually. Commons could be in a .10-.25 cent range, but star cards and rookie cards were as much as the market would bear. For non-sport cards, basically all the base cards were worth the same range. Allowances were made for the first and last card in a set and maybe for a main character if pictured alone, but the increase was to $2, maybe $3 bucks per base card at most in average valued sets.

The Bieber/Drake card is #145 from the 2010 Justin Bieber Panini 150 card set. I looked on Allender's list, but nowhere does it say its short printed. It seems like a regular base card. On May 2nd, an ungraded "this newly discovered Drake ROOKIE card from 2010" sold on eBay for $380 with 40 bids. I don't know what to say to that. Can you call it a card to watch?

I wouldn't watch it. I'd sell it as soon as possible if I had it and let the buyer explain it. I have no explanation. Confused

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Would a non sports rookie card be the first time they did an autograph card.?

I do not see the first time they appeared on a card as being up to much.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Would a non sports rookie card be the first time they did an autograph card.?

I do not see the first time they appeared on a card as being up to much.

No, not unless the non-sport card community collectively changes the terminology. There simply is no non-sport rookie card of any kind or type. You could say first appearance on a certified autograph card. And you could even say first appearance in a non-sport set, although that gets dicer because one person can appear on multiple cards in the same set, so than would you go by card number or call them all first cards?

First appearance in non-sport doesn't amount to much to me either, because all sets and all roles are not equal. First card does not automatically equate to "best" card. I believe its simply a matter of sellers figuring out a way to make non-sport cards sound better to people who are used to buying sports cards or see sports card rookies on the top of price lists.

However if non-sport card collectors want to adapt it as a real thing, then it will become a real thing and expect to get all these "just discovered" rookies from way back.