Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
As far as Kickstarter is concerned, yes, I believe you are correct. But Kickstarter doesn't monitor what backers actually receive. My plan is that once the campaign is over and I get an email from "the creator," I simply note what we've discussed here and see if I can get cards instead of the pledged rewards or pay extra for them via Paypal. Frustrating and sad that more people aren't going to back with this issue going on but perhaps we can acquire multiple sets of cards to trade/sell to those who didn't want to deal with this confusion.

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The add on for the cards is now available for $ 20.

So the minimum you can pledge to get the cards is $45 plus $ 20 plus $ 4 shipping, or $ 69.00

Better than $ 200 !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that now too and pledged. Finally! They should be nice looking cards though, worth the trouble!

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are shipping the rewards, but the cards will not be coming for another month or so. They are being sent separately.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone get the cards ? I got the rest of the stuff from this Kickstarter, but they said the cards would be sent in the future. Nothing yet...

posted Hide Post
I've been frustrated with this also - I haven't gotten the cards or a ship date either. I've been in contact with Jim Cirronella and am trying not to push because Image Ten has been busy rolling out a number of social media and other initiatives. I know that he's actively stuffing Living Tape orders as we speak but I don't have work on the trading cards specifically. Richard Fowlks has expressed his excitement about the designs to me a few times. I am just trying to be patient. But by all means, hit up the Kickstarter contact email (I think it goes to Jim) and let us know if you hear more.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was just posted on the cards:

I am currently completing the designs and getting approval for Image Ten's Night of the Living Dead fantasy lobby card set. This set is a part of Image Ten's Kickstarter for their "Night of the Living Tapes" campaign. 18 cards plus a bonus title card of lobby cards you've never seen before... and never will in this reality!! Image Ten helped me with some rare and exclusive images to create a very cool set of cards in the style they would have been in 1968!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There as a Kickstarter update today, Feb 8, showing images of the cards. But they have not yet been printed. A new bonus card will be included.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There as a Kickstarter update today, Feb 8, showing images of the cards. But they have not yet been printed. A new bonus card will be included.

I really like the image selection on these - much stronger than the original lobby cards. Can't wait!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder when the cards will ship.

The rest of the Kickstarter rewards were sent out to people in December.

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Just curious, has anyone received their NOTLD cards yet?

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wrote Image Ten to request an update. Usually, I consider myself a bit of an insider with their trading cards but I didn't get a response this time. The cards certainly haven't been shipped. I don't know if they've even been printed. The designs seem to have been finalized. I am not sure what's up.

On the plus side, the VHS book was a really good read and I don't even collect VHS tapes!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards have finally been made, but no news on shipping date yet.

posted Hide Post
The wrapper and card backs look cool so far. I imagine they're showing that stuff to keep us interested but I'd have liked it to be more of a surprise. Good that they've finally made it to the printer though.

posted Hide Post
Before we even get the VHS tie-in set, here comes another one!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

Cards look amazing, but unfortunately you have to pledge at the $325 level to guarantee a complete set. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Cards look amazing, but unfortunately you have to pledge at the $325 level to guarantee a complete set. Frown

Eek... Elephant.... Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Martyr:

It's pricey if you're just in it for the NotLD cards for sure. Maybe when the auto cards are decided on and added it will be more enticing. I have thrown Mark some thoughts on what auto cards I'd like to see and might be popular. There will be plenty of trading/buying/selling going on after these ship in any case!

When are you going to do a set, Ted? Smile

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's pricey if you're just in it for the NotLD cards for sure. Maybe when the auto cards are decided on and added it will be more enticing. I have thrown Mark some thoughts on what auto cards I'd like to see and might be popular. There will be plenty of trading/buying/selling going on after these ship in any case!

Good points Johnny, but if these cards are limited to only 299 each (with 43 sets already spoken for via Master Sets), then there probably won't be a lot of extras floating around. As for the autographs, I doubt very much that any NOTLD signed cards will be included in the Master sets since the Joe Bob Briggs and Scarah auto cards are specifically excluded from the Master Sets, and I'd have to assume that the NOTLD autos will be as scare or even scarcer than those 2 signers (with only 100 signed cards each). Cool looking cards for sure...

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
quote:

Good points Johnny, but if these cards are limited to only 299 each (with 43 sets already spoken for via Master Sets), then there probably won't be a lot of extras floating around. As for the autographs, I doubt very much that any NOTLD signed cards will be included in the Master sets since the Joe Bob Briggs and Scarah auto cards are specifically excluded from the Master Sets, and I'd have to assume that the NOTLD autos will be as scare or even scarcer than those 2 signers (with only 100 signed cards each). Cool looking cards for sure...

What I'm hearing now is that there will be three autographs. I'm not sure if that's three autograph cards or three signers. One of the things I proposed was one dual signed card and I think that idea will likely occur. But yes, there will be just 100 of each of these and I think you might be right, they will be excluded from the Master Set package, making them scarce indeed.

What I find interesting is that the last set of NotLD trading cards, Richard Fowlks' Drive-In Double Feature seemed to hit fans with what I found were almost too many cards. There was an entire set of promo cards, 36 base cards, printing plates in each color, etchings, the lenticular card, autograph cards (which were made of metal) and even metal versions of all the base cards and original sketch cards. It was expensive to buy a master set and you couldn't really trade up for it, you could only buy it.

Anyway, what's funny is that this set is the exact opposite. Only 13 base cards plus the potentially three autograph cards and you have the option of either buying the set, small as it is, for a high price, or trying your luck at trading for it.

All this is fun but it makes me appreciate the conventional Fright Rags set even more!