Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Night of the Living Dead Card Set
 Login/Join

posted
Currently on Kickstarter is another small 18 card Night of the Living Dead set. The fronts feature each of the original lobby cards and the reverse will feature some sort of text about the movie (yet to be determined.) Cards are being designed by Richard Fowlks who did the Drive-In Double Feature set with help from Jim Cirronella who designed the very rare Living Dead Festival autograph cards.

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's going to be an awesome set, but I wish you didn't have to contribute to the $229 level to get it. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you please post the link ? It is allowed.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well obvious intrest on this site for the trading card set but at $229 that is a complete non starter. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I understand that some people collect VHS and a sizable number still have VCR's but is offering a VHS version really an attractive prize? And yeah, offering 18 cards only at the $229 level must mean they want only die-hards with money to burn.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It actually says that the cards are produced by RJF, the folks who did the prior Kickstarter card sets.

I know it says "Kickstarter exclusive" but do we know for sure that these are not cards which RJF previously released through their own Kickstarters ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I'm sure it's going to be an awesome set, but I wish you didn't have to contribute to the $229 level to get it. Frown

I have word that the cards will be available as an add-on soon. So you should be able to contribute at a lower level then just add the cards alone. That is what I plan to do!

Posts: 130 | Location: Maryland | Registered: February 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It actually says that the cards are produced by RJF, the folks who did the prior Kickstarter card sets.

I know it says "Kickstarter exclusive" but do we know for sure that these are not cards which RJF previously released through their own Kickstarters ?

Yes, the VHS card set will be a completely new set, consisting of 18 lobby card fronts and there will be text, possibly trivia about the film, on the reverse. Jim Cirronella who designed the Living Dead Festival cards is creating the text for the backs and RJF the rest of the card.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I understand that some people collect VHS and a sizable number still have VCR's but is offering a VHS version really an attractive prize? And yeah, offering 18 cards only at the $229 level must mean they want only die-hards with money to burn.

Agreed! I have word that the cards will be available as an add-on soon.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
well obvious intrest on this site for the trading card set but at $229 that is a complete non starter. Frown

The trading cards will be available as an add-on soon. I think you will be able to order multiple copies of the set also, which means some folks here could sell/trade to those who don't back the VHS products.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That sounds like good news, well done. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand that some people collect VHS and a sizable number still have VCR's but is offering a VHS version really an attractive prize?

The horror VHS market is very niche, but within that niche it's a REALLY big deal. The horror community has embraced the VHS era like no other.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when they will do the card add-on option ? Doesn't seem to be anything yet.

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I received the following response this evening concerning the NOTLD card set:

We're a bit behind on revealing stretch goals and Add-On items, but the campaign has been very successful thus far and we just reached the first stretch goal today.

The trading card set will be available as an Add-On item, either just before the campaign wraps up or afterward. Just pledge at whatever item level you wish and you will **definitely** be able to add the trading card set later on, without having to pledge at the DVD Level. You'll also have the option to buy more than one set of cards.

Please spread the word to the other card collectors, too. Thanks!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know there are some movies that came out on VHS but have not made it to DVD for various legal reasons. There is a following really into anime VHS as well. Do some people find relaxation in rewinding?

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:
I understand that some people collect VHS and a sizable number still have VCR's but is offering a VHS version really an attractive prize?

The horror VHS market is very niche, but within that niche it's a REALLY big deal. The horror community has embraced the VHS era like no other.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
I received the following response this evening concerning the NOTLD card set:

We're a bit behind on revealing stretch goals and Add-On items, but the campaign has been very successful thus far and we just reached the first stretch goal today.

The trading card set will be available as an Add-On item, either just before the campaign wraps up or afterward. Just pledge at whatever item level you wish and you will **definitely** be able to add the trading card set later on, without having to pledge at the DVD Level. You'll also have the option to buy more than one set of cards.

Please spread the word to the other card collectors, too. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pledged, but no sign of the card add-on and there are only 3 days left...

posted Hide Post
Same - I have dealt directly with Image Ten members like Gary Streiner previously as well as the card designers, Richard Fowlks and Jim Cirronella and trust that they will get us the cards. I can only imagine that Marilyn Eastman's recent passing has something to do with the hold-up. I'd recommend to anyone interested in the cards, to pledge to the level they choose and be sure to request the cards. I don't represent the businesses involved but I believe this will be okay.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The problem is (unless I am wrong) if you pledge, for example, $ 40 now and the Kickstarter ends without the card add on option, I don't think Kickstarter will allow you to pay extra money after it is over for additional items, namely the cards. They will charge you $ 40 when it ends on Aug 27, and that is it.