Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Season 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:

I'm in a dilemma about posting the dud box back to Topps, as they did guarantee a hit per box but I feel a bit guilty about doing so having 2 'hits' in the second one.

The hot box isn't supposed to compensate for a dud box. Obviously if you get 2 more hot boxes that may be different.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

I'm in a dilemma about posting the dud box back to Topps, as they did guarantee a hit per box but I feel a bit guilty about doing so having 2 'hits' in the second one.

The hot box isn't supposed to compensate for a dud box. Obviously if you get 2 more hot boxes that may be different.

Erm....

I got 2 more Hot Boxes !!!!

Dance

Hammer, I was wondering if I should consult you for all my purchases. Big Grin

My third box had a Kevin Graham sketch and an Adair Tishler (Molly) auto.

The fourth box (I couldn't wait another day to open this) had a Noah Albrecht sketch and a Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian) auto.

So that's 1 dud & 3 hots!

I'm extremely pleased to say the least!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justm,

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly new to collecting, just wondering how you guy recommend dealing with dud boxes, I had one dud box in my case, just wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Thanks

Posts: 18 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stiles101:
I'm fairly new to collecting, just wondering how you guy recommend dealing with dud boxes, I had one dud box in my case, just wondering if there's anything I can do about it. Thanks

Best to goto topps' website and send them an email.

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Erm....

I got 2 more Hot Boxes !!!!

Dance

Hammer, I was wondering if I should consult you for all my purchases. Big Grin

My third box had a Kevin Graham sketch and an Adair Tishler (Molly) auto.

The fourth box (I couldn't wait another day to open this) had a Noah Albrecht sketch and a Jimmy Jean-Louis (The Haitian) auto.

So that's 1 dud & 3 hots!

I'm extremely pleased to say the least!!

WELL DONE - 3 GREAT BOXES. It's a shame Topps got the collation SO wrong. It's obvious all of the "hits" were put in boxes - but they have been put in a lot of "wrong" boxes. There appear to be far too many Hot and Dud boxes.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is something I heard third or fourth hand so I can't guarantee it's authenticity.

What I heard was that the Heroes season 2 boxes were packed in three lots,a first lot where too many autos were put in(virtually every box),a second lot where none were put in,and a third lot which has the correct collation.

I guess if it happened in three days they ran out of autos on day one,continued packing on day two while contacting Topps for more autos and a Topps rep came down with the axtra autos on day three with instructions on what they were doing wrong.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Here are the sketches from my 'hot' boxes:

Eric Wolfe Hansen

Kevin Graham

Noah Albrecht

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
This is something I heard third or fourth hand so I can't guarantee it's authenticity.

What I heard was that the Heroes season 2 boxes were packed in three lots,a first lot where too many autos were put in(virtually every box),a second lot where none were put in,and a third lot which has the correct collation.

I guess if it happened in three days they ran out of autos on day one,continued packing on day two while contacting Topps for more autos and a Topps rep came down with the axtra autos on day three with instructions on what they were doing wrong.

I can just picture the following phonecall taking place.
Topps Rep: Hey Ryan, are you doing anything right now?
Ryan Waterhouse: Nope bro, what can I do you for?
Topps Rep: Well we came up short for our latest Heroes set and we can use some extra sketches, say like 5,000. Can you help us out?
Waterhouse: Sure thing I'll have them out by tomorrow evening. Big Grin

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought you guy's might like to see the Sketch's I pulled,,, back to back boxes with Sean Pence sketches was awesome.

Posts: 18 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Awesome is the word! Love the Chandler too.

Nice pulls. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
Those two Pence sketch cards are definitely to die for, but how about that Niki by Cooney. Not to shabby for a guy who did a boatload of pieces for this set. Thumb Up

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the artist that drew my non-posted sketch card, I know what the 2nd half to my puzzle looks like so now I know what to look for. Ive paid attn to his cards on ebay and on various boards and I dont recall seeing it pulled or put on ebay yet so I may get lucky

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I just got lucky with 5 opened boxes that I purchased from a UK seller. The seller had obviously pulled a hit from each box and then put the rest of the packs back in boxes. Including the delivery charge the 5 boxes cost me less than 2 sealed boxes from the US.
Well after opening every single pack I made 5 foil sets, and pulled 3 autos, The Haitian, Monica and Ando. Haven't made the base sets up yet but I think there's a lesson to be learnt here. I pulled 3 hits last week from a box of Indy Heritage (2 autos and a sketch).

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
I really hope my other case yeilds some good sketches, the ones ive recieved so far have been so basic.

And after seeing some of the great pulls people have gotten and some of the ebay listings they cant be that rare?

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Breakdowns for the 2 boxes received yesterday:

Box 1;

Costume Card - Peter Petrelli's Flannel Shirt
Autograph Card - Adair Tishler - Molly Walker
Foil Cards - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 10
Base Sets - 1 complete + spares

Box 2;

Costume Card - Hiro Nakamura's Sweater
Autograph Card - David Anders - Adam Monroe
Foil Cards - 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
Base Sets - 1 complete & spares

2 good boxes, very happy to get the David Anders Auto, would of been nice to get a sketch card as I didn't get 1 for the first set either.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, I was hoping I could get some help identifying the artists of these cards?

Thanks,
Tim

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1.Sheli Paroline
2.Matthew Goodmanson
3.Alex Buechel
4.Matthew Goodmanson
5.Matt Minor
6.Marlin Shooop

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a ton! Have you gotten your replacements from Topps yet?

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Here is my casebreak! 2 hotboxes, but only one auto. All in all quite happy with the results! Thank you Ed (scificards) for providing the scans, I hope its ok that I use them in this post Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
One box that I opened;
Base set
8 out of 10 Foils
Noah Bennet Costume card Smile
No Sketches Frown
No Autographs Frown

Posts: 54 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: February 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post