Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Clone Wars (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Clone Wars (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Not Great

So, just finished the case. Got one set of stickers per box, amd only two sets of battle Motion from my case (missing two cards for a third, I'll put my spares up for trade shortly)

The sketches... not great, as the title said. I'll scan shortly, but here's the rundown:

2 x Corroney (C3PO Head shot)
2 x Joe McCrea (C3PO *again* Big Grin)
1 x Fabbri Palpatine
1 x Mhan Palpatine

The last two sketches do make the exercise worthwhile, especially as the artist I wanted hasn't really produced cards to be proud of...

1 x Paul Rudish "whistling" R2-D2
1 x Teranishi Palpatine

Now, I have to admit I would have liked an Armidala or something others than droids and Imperial Leaders... Big Grin

So, this means I have two cards for trade: 1 McCrea 3PO and a Corroney 3PO...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box today just because I had had to try at least 1 box of it.

11 stickers
4 motion cards
1 sketch- Kit Fisto by McCrea. Pretty nice, seems to be a little more detailed than most.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sketches from my case:

McCrea: C-3PO (x2)
Corroney: Battle Droid
Fabri: Battle Droid

Mhan: Yoda
Mhan: Yoda w/ Lightsaber

Wheatley: Obi Wan
Kayanan: Amidala

2 Mhan Yodas, and 2 McCrea C-3POs is disappointing.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Luv You My family gave me a SECOND case for Mother's Day!! And, the breakdown of sketches was nice (although I did duplicate 2 from earlier boxes/trade) So, here's what I got Smile

Corroney - Yoda
Corroney - Mace Windu
Plunkett - Mace Windu
Fabbri - Amidala
Mhan - Yoda
Wheatley - Obi-Wan
McCrea - Count Dooku

oh, and the 8th sketch was a ...
DAVE DORMAN !!!!!!!! Course, I can't make out the character, but my eyes are still tearing...

Elephant Clap Luv You

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Case Breakdown:

Box 1 Corroney Yoda
Box 2 Corroney Mace Windu
Box 3 McCrea Mace Windu
Box 4 Mahn Emperor
Box 5 Rudish Yoda
Box 6 Migliari Trooper
Box 7 and 8 Still Unopened

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Luv You

oh, and the 8th sketch was a ...
DAVE DORMAN !!!!!!!! Course, I can't make out the character, but my eyes are still tearing...

Elephant Clap Luv You

WWWWWHHHHHOOOOOOO Clap Bouncey well done.

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Great pull OWM and happy mother's day Clap Dance

I'd like to second hammer's post Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10445 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Box 1
Battle Motion B1,3,5,7.
Sticker set, plus 1 and 6.
One base set, and second missing 2 cards.
Sketch - Robert Teranishi (Yoda).

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
My lone box produced a Fabbri sketch of Dooku.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
My lone box arrived today and I've got to say I'm happy.

2 complete sets
1 sticker set plus two extras
4 Motion

And the sketch:
Rudish Ben Kenobi - my first sketch, which I'm unfortunately going to have to part with because the day after I paid for the box my wife informed we'll have a bundle of joy in the new year.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS! On the sketch, but even more so for the bundle Smile

Another CardTalk Baby - we're creating our own next generation...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few packs at the store I bought my box and pulled a Fabbri sketch. I kinda like these cards, I'm almost tempted to keep them.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I managed to snag the last box from the store where I got my previous box and boy am I glad I did since I pulled a Kayanan R2 D2 sketch! Big Grin

I should be able to scan it tomorrow.

-Goethe

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I had my Kayanan sketch scanned today. Not a bad R2D2. Cool

-Goethe

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Pretty nice sketch there Drool

- Kayanan is the last one I'm after - I have at least one from everyone else, but for some reason Kayanan is eluding me...

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Pretty nice sketch there Drool

- Kayanan is the last one I'm after - I have at least one from everyone else, but for some reason Kayanan is eluding me...

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with it. I'd offer it up for trade but the only card I need of comparable value also happens to be my "Holy Grail" card which I just can't seem to find.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that there are virtually no R2D2 sketch cards by any of the artists? I just went through all 166 sketches on ebay and only 1 of those is R2D2 and there is also only 1 in this breakdown thread (not counting mine). Is it maybe harder to draw R2D2 than the others?

-Goethe

Picture of TK421
posted Hide Post
Bought two Retail boxes, since Hobby boxes are getting more expensive and harder to find.
Box 1
Base sets 2
sticker set + 2
battle motion 4

Box 2
base sets 2
sticker set + 2
battle motion 4

Same breakdown as the Hobby, but no sketch cards.

Posts: 314 | Location: St. louis | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first ever box of anything!!!
I got 2 x basic sets
full set of stickers plus 2 spares
4 out of 10 motion cards and this little baby

Posts: 15 | Location: South Wales | Registered: May 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
I have a Paul Rudish sketch that I'd like to show everyone but I have no way of hosting it. Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Brandon

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
There are a number of people on the board that can host for you.... or for a quicker alternative you can upload to www.imageshack.us!!

look forward to seeing your pic Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post