March 18, 2006, 02:03 AM
Scott Rammel
LOTR: Evolution - Hobby Edition (Topps)
And scans from my friends case

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Rammel,
March 18, 2006, 02:32 AM
spidergoblin
Nice sketches both you and your friend pulled Scott Thumb Up

ps:any chance you could make the pics smaller,only three at a time are showing because of the large files.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 18, 2006, 02:36 AM
spidergoblin
quote:
Me and my son pulled this near full color Balrog by Rich Molinelli lastnight

very nice aelfwine Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 18, 2006, 05:48 AM
gimli
OK are you ready for this 5 cases I broke today and I think i did fantastic

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3

Case 4

Case 5

March 18, 2006, 11:05 AM
ztaylork
Well My parents just cracked a case, and even managed to get a scan of the top 9 to me. No Kayanan, but not a bad case, I am hoping to be able send the Walks to him to have it signed as its a nice looking arwen.

March 18, 2006, 11:36 AM
dlpn1fan
Fantastic case breaks! If anybody isn't hooked, they are now Big Grin
March 18, 2006, 08:11 PM
Darth Smittyous

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,
March 18, 2006, 08:42 PM
tialessa
Let's try this Big Grin

Oh My! You pulled some FANTASTIC sketches! Love the Mitchell and the Staggs, and the Kayanan and the Molinelli!
Can't tell who did the Eomer sketch in the first one either.
Nice variety there!

I can't see much of anything with the faint Frodo sketch, but that cave troll appears to be a Hernandez (GH).

*sigh* I am SO SO SO sorry... was trying to reply with quote and hit the wrong button *sigh*

I deserve a few of these Twak Twak Twak

March 18, 2006, 08:52 PM
Darth Smittyous
The warrior sketch is by Dan Parsons. Is that Eomer? I need to watch the movies again to figure out some of the characters. Smile No worries about the post. I am so new to the boards here, that I really wasn't even sure that I was doing the images right. It seems to have worked pretty well though.
March 18, 2006, 09:04 PM
tialessa
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:
The warrior sketch is by Dan Parsons. Is that Eomer?

Sure is - riding into battle (pretty sure it's into the Battle of Pelennor Fields).
quote:
No worries about the post. I am so new to the boards here, that I really wasn't even sure that I was doing the images right. It seems to have worked pretty well though.

Well, actually, they didn't show up, that's why I was (I thought) replying with quote so I could fix the image tags and see the pictures.

Again, sorry sorry sorry!

March 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
slackjawedyokel
Darth Smittyous - Sweet case you busted there. You got the coloured Eowyn I sooooooooooooo wanted in my collection. Extremely jealous of that particular Staggs pull. Good job!! And a Kayanan to boot. Seems like eveyone is pulling a Kayanan but me. Frown
March 18, 2006, 11:13 PM
Incarnadine
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Darth Smittyous - Sweet case you busted there. You got the coloured Eowyn I sooooooooooooo wanted in my collection. Extremely jealous of that particular Staggs pull. Good job!! And a Kayanan to boot. Seems like eveyone is pulling a Kayanan but me. Frown

Not everyone. Shake Head I cracked 1 case and a few loose packs but despite 47 different artists I somehow managed to get 4 duplicate artists (2 Hodges, 2 Teranishi, 2 Norton and 2 Hodgkins).

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 19, 2006, 03:38 AM
zhamlau
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:

Not everyone. Shake Head I cracked 1 case and a few loose packs but despite 47 different artists I somehow managed to get 4 duplicate artists (2 Hodges, 2 Teranishi, 2 Norton and 2 Hodgkins).

AAAHHHHH.....CANT HEAR THIS NOW, JUST ORDERED MY CASE!!!!!! Boy, that would give you chills. please, none of thoes boxes plz!

March 19, 2006, 10:57 AM
LUZNDAVE
Here's my 5 1/2 box break down. Box prices are $45 - $54 around here now. I paid $42 2 weeks ago. I was told from the dealer I bought these from, that Topps is sold out now.

2 of the 5 boxes only had one sketch card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LUZNDAVE,
March 19, 2006, 12:30 PM
zhamlau
you know, i just realized something. Some artists who will remain nameless, signed their cards in ink when they did them in very loose light quick pencil. THink that was deliberate? like, they knew people would want them to turn magically into blanks?

March 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
Dobby The House Elf
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
you know, i just realized something. Some artists who will remain nameless, signed their cards in ink when they did them in very loose light quick pencil. THink that was deliberate? like, they knew people would want them to turn magically into blanks?

The same certain artist/s who were accused of churning out tons of trash for other releases. I guess they wanted to make sure no one else got to draw on their 1006 poorly sketched cards. I refuse to give any of my money to upgrade to a perfectly capable artist who just didn't try the first time around.

March 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
aelfwine
Congrtats to all the great sketch cards everybody is getting ClapSome real nice pulls!
Me and my son pulled these marvelous Confusedcards last night Frown

We also did not get a sketch card from this box!
Would anybody have any information about them? All the years that we have collected Topps cards, we have never found anything close to this from our packs. I think that they are just blanks without the final front and back, but are they rare? We would like to send them to Topps to see if the could replace them for us as we did not get a single sketch card from this box! This is the second box that we did not get a single sketch card from. Is this happening to anybody? Thanks for any Information Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aelfwine,

To find our long-forgotten gold.
March 20, 2006, 12:54 PM
gimli
well another case but not such great sketches this time

March 20, 2006, 09:22 PM
ztaylork
Another case, another Kayanan Smile I think this is one of my favorite ones, it is so bright!!! Plus I had one pack in a box that had 16 cards in it (13 of which were level B cards, crazy....13 sketches would have been cooler though)

March 20, 2006, 10:21 PM
make-mine-marvel
Frown M-M-M wants another case!

@Sketchcards on Twitter