Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here we go folks

You must be very happy. Is that all one case? Congratulations.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

To find our long-forgotten gold.

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 166 | Location: alaska | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

All in all me and my son are very happy with our pulls Thumb Up

One of our cases only produced sketchs from 2 of the 8 box's!!! Frown We cut the box bottoms and mailed them to Topps in hopes that they will help us out. They did with evolutions but all the sketch cards were from artists that did 1,000 or more so we lost our chance of getting any full color cards.

Thanks to all the artists for all their hard work Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
Here we go folks

You must be very happy. Is that all one case? Congratulations.

This was a five case break minus 2 box's Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was a five case break minus 2 box's

I posted part way through your extensive catalogue! Some very nice sketches there. I hope Topps helps with the bad case. There's actually some great artwork by the high volume artists in this series so might be okay anyway.

I didn't check your range of artists but check out my site if you are missing some and looking to trade. I have another case coming as well (early next week?).

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aelfwine:

One of our cases only produced sketchs from 2 of the 8 box's!!!

Blimey, that was VERY BAD, did the two boxes hace any good sketches in them?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
Aelfwine - That is seriously troubling that you received only 4 sketches from a case. Shake Head Topps really goofed on this one and hopefully they will offer you some good sketches in return for your misfortune. Best of luck. Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Well, my case finally arrived and I am thrilled with the results!!

I got 7 Sets of each of the Foil puzzle cards and the Silver foil cards.

I got 7 different Bronze Foil cards, 1 repeat.

I got 16 Sketch cards, the highlights of which are shown below, as you can imagine I nearly had a heart attack when I pulled the Staggs!

I also need some help to identify the artist of the top left sketch of gandalf?

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
that was my favorite sketch i saw of staggs. congrats on pulling that.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also need some help to identify the artist of the top left sketch of gandalf?

It looks like a card made by Darla Ecklund !

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by aelfwine:

One of our cases only produced sketchs from 2 of the 8 box's!!!

Blimey, that was VERY BAD, did the two boxes hace any good sketches in them?

We did get 4 different sketch cards from those two box's but they were all from artists that did a lage amount of cards Shake Head

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
Aelfwine - That is seriously troubling that you received only 4 sketches from a case. Shake Head Topps really goofed on this one and hopefully they will offer you some good sketches in return for your misfortune. Best of luck. Peter

The key word is (Good) sketches! When we had a few box's from evolution that had no sketch cards, (I think it was 3 box's), we called Topps and they said to send in the box bottoms so we did. When we got a package from them they only gave us one sketch per box! Also all the sketchs were from artists that did a large number of cards so their were no color or high end cards!

With the case that we only pulled 4 sketch cards from two box's and the other six box's had none! All 4 cards were low end sketchs. I just hope that Topps does not send us all low end cards as the whole reason behide getting sealed cases is having a chance to pull the rarer sketch cards! I hope that you can understand what I'm trying to say Confused

posted Hide Post
Also, we will keep all of you posted as to what Topps sends us if anything Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Here are the scans of my most recent box breaks.

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All

Here are the sketch cards I got from my two cases. I'm really pleased got plenty of the rarer artists.

Case One

Case Two

Posts: 38 | Location: Nottingham, Uk | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Just picked-up two boxes from Ed at the Comic Book Show in Livonia.
Box 1 Sketches were Sean Pence and Jessica Hickman

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prospect5k,

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
Box 2 Sketches were Cat Staggs and Katie Cook

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post