Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indiana Jones Heritage (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice, Deeceman!! That's one of the best I've seen! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Thats why in spite of all the lousy case breaks I am still thinking about getting a case.You just never know when your luck might be in Smile .

I am too, and I got a lousy case. Goes to show you how powerful our "addiction" is.

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks guys- I'll get a better scan tonight- that cell phone pic is fugly and for some reason photobucket wouldn't let me rotate the pic and save it.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, great pull...god, it kills me, i never found any non sport for years from kencor or phil at that show, i leave the state, and now their non-sport impresario's...sigh.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome sketch Deeceman Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I just opened two boxes of this product, as follows:

(Box 12-9667)
Base set - one complete, 27 extras
Box topper - P2
Sketch card - Indy (unsure about artist)
Parallel cards - 17 (275/500), 39 (190/500)

(Box 11-7831)
Base set - one complete, 28 extras
Box topper - P3
Sketch carda - Marion (unsure about artist)
Parallel card - 4 (118/500)

No autographs in either box Frown How can I tell who the sketch artists are? I cannot read the signature on either card, and do not know how to post the sketches here. If someone will volunteer to let me send them a scan of the cards to identify them, that would be great.

I am sorely disappointed in this set. I like the look of the "vintage" cardstock, but the ratios on insert cards is not good. I admit these boxes were not expensive by other new release standards, but given the amount of time that Topps has been in the card business and the great lineup of cards that were available, you would think they could do better. I'm sorry, but gold-stamped parallel cards are just a waste of time and effort, as far as I am concerned.

I wish I had stuck to buying individual cards and sets, now....

Sorry, forgot to add to my box pulls: 48 pieces of gum that will never, ever get chewed (at least not by me Big Grin )

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't exactly call either of them impresarios- both have a very small selection of non-sport wax but both will order me anything that I like so it works out well. I think I have a case of Crystal Skull coming from both of them.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will- if you email me the scans at dwdds01@aol.com I can host them here for you. Alternatively, upload your scans to a photo hosting site like photobucket.com and link to there.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will- I reckon there are a few people on these boards who wish they had got boxes with a sketch and both your boxes had full sets which judging by other breaks is not that common.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
We opened our box tonight, and I too was disappointed like many others.

Base set - 14 cards short!

No parallel cards

We did get a Ric Young auto though, and that was in the first pack opened.

It's a bit of a shame as this could have been a set people were talking about positively for a while to come. The retro feel of the cards and the smell of the gum took me right back to those late 70's Star Wars cards.
Instead there are too many boxes that don't even come close to justifying the price.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deeceman:
Will- if you email me the scans at dwdds01@aol.com I can host them here for you. Alternatively, upload your scans to a photo hosting site like photobucket.com and link to there.

Uh, btw, just to be clear, when you write dave, this isnt dave who sets up, who works with gary is it?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No- so far as I can tell- you and I have never met- you are thinking of Dave Giove- I know him but I'm not him Smile

Anyway, this was the case break:

10 numbered parallels to 500

5 autos including:

David Yip as Wu Han
Anthony Higgins as Gobler
Michael Byrne as Vogel
Vic Tablian as Barranca/Monkey Man
Ke Huy Quan as Short Round

I didn't bother scanning those as everyone has seen them by now....

3 sketches including:

? by Dan Parsons 1:2,215 packs

? (I'm thinking Belloq?) by Kevin Graham 1:3876

and finally....

"Austrian Goodbye" featuring Elsa Schneider and Indy by Jason Palmer 1:15,506 packs

thanks for the look,

Dave (not Dave Giove) Weisberg

posted Hide Post
So to recap:

I've done two full case plus 4 other boxes of this product for a total of 20 boxes.

I received a total of 26 numbered parallels to 500 (all different). I pulled 6 sketches including ZERO Waterhouse (Palmer, Duron, Edwards, Parsons, Graham, and Shum). And I got 12 autograph cards including Allen, Quan, Blair, Kahler, Higgins, Byrne, Yip x2, Tablian x2, Young x2.

Two boxes were duds with no premium cards. Overall I think I did pretty well.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Will- I reckon there are a few people on these boards who wish they had got boxes with a sketch and both your boxes had full sets which judging by other breaks is not that common.

Don't get me wrong--I am glad for the cards that I pulled, even though I am not a collector of sketch cards. I was hoping for at least one autograph out of the two boxes, and getting two complete sets is a big plus. However, when I finished opening the boxes and seeing what I had, the feeling of "Is that all there is?" was definitely there. I was really jazzed up about this release, but now I am just not impressed by the whole thing.

To each his own, I suppose.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deeceman:
No- so far as I can tell- you and I have never met- you are thinking of Dave Giove- I know him but I'm not him Smile

Anyway, this was the case break:

10 numbered parallels to 500

5 autos including:

David Yip as Wu Han
Anthony Higgins as Gobler
Michael Byrne as Vogel
Vic Tablian as Barranca/Monkey Man
Ke Huy Quan as Short Round

I didn't bother scanning those as everyone has seen them by now....

3 sketches including:

? by Dan Parsons 1:2,215 packs

? (I'm thinking Belloq?) by Kevin Graham 1:3876

and finally....

"Austrian Goodbye" featuring Elsa Schneider and Indy by Jason Palmer 1:15,506 packs

thanks for the look,

Dave (not Dave Giove) Weisberg

ahh, lol. ok. the only 2 daves i knew were dentist dave , and Dave G lol, thought it would be funny if that was you.

Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
Case 1 of 2

3 Dud Boxes

Sketches:

Mark Propst - Indy
Waterhouse - Melting face Frown

Autos:

Roshan Seth
Ric Young
Isla Blair
Phillip Tan
Kate Capshaw! Metal

11 Parallels

Shorted 1 Card, but happy with the case overall, could have done with more sketches for my liking though.

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a dentist- perhaps I'm the dentist Dave that you think you know.....

Dave

posted Hide Post
I received my 3 boxes that I bought from eBay today (a tad over £80 inclusive of P&P!).

The first box I opened I got Philip Tan's Auto, and a parallel card as well as P1

The second I got Isla Blair's Auto, parallel card and a nice M.Propst Sketch of Indy's Silhouette and P2.

The final box I pulled Julian Glover's Auto, parallel card, P1 and JH/JP 099 2 of 4 card which looks like oil paint to me! I haven't seen any accompanying pieces on eBay current or sold yet and am interested to see how much a piece goes for.

I managed to make 2 complete sets, a 3rd set that's short 1 card and a 4th that's short of 20 cards with 13 doubles/ spares overall.

All in all well pleased since it could have been a lot worse!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pochacco,

Posts: 36 | Location: Kent, UK | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pochacco:
I received my 3 boxes that I bought from eBay today (a tad over £80 inclusive of P&P!).

The first box I opened I got Philip Tan's Auto, and a parallel card as well as P1

The second I got Isla Blair's Auto, parallel card and a nice M.Propst Sketch of Indy's Silhouette and P2.

The final box I pulled Julian Glover's Auto, parallel card, P1 and JH/JP 099 2 of 4 card which looks like oil paint to me! I haven't seen any accompanying pieces on eBay current or sold yet and am interested to see how much a piece goes for.

I managed to make 2 complete sets, a 3rd set that's short 1 card and a 4th that's short of 20 cards with 13 doubles/ spares overall.

All in all well pleased since it could have been a lot worse!

THe Potratz/Hai (JP/JH) is the upper right card of a 4 panel set.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gatodama:
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:

great to know it has been found..that was one of, if not my favorite sketches from the set. I almost kept it...LOL

Well, I'm most definitely glad you didn't decide to keep it. Wink The sketch is gorgeous!

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post