Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
so it's a little jigsaw to know which 3 belongs together.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
steve j-

There are 27 of the puzzle cards (9 sets of 3) and the title of each series is at the top of the card back.

Bravery
    Escaping Fate
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Imprisonment
    Insurmountable Odds
    Master & Appretice
    The Power of the Force
    Tryanny
    The Underworld

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
did get 2 auto's&1 more sketch card sadly no good auto's just behind the scene's guy's Frown oh well roll on the next star wars set lol,thanks for all your kind words Dragoncrypt&riddickfan

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
steve j-

There are 27 of the puzzle cards (9 sets of 3) and the title of each series is at the top of the card back.

Bravery
    Escaping Fate
    Hidden in Plain Sight
    Imprisonment
    Insurmountable Odds
    Master & Appretice
    The Power of the Force
    Tryanny
    The Underworld

Thank you very much for the info.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Open 2 more cases got7 sketches + r2 d2 auto + 3 gold cards in first case. Second case 6 sketches + 3 autos John Williams, wedge, Jon Berg + 1 gold card. All blue + red + topper was there. Very happy with my 2 cases.
[URL=

[URL=

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Most of the sketches are cool. Cool

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
Open 2 more cases got7 sketches + r2 d2 auto + 3 gold cards in first case. Second case 6 sketches + 3 autos John Williams, wedge, Jon Berg + 1 gold card. All blue + red + topper was there. Very happy with my 2 cases.
[URL=

[URL=

Wow great case breaks!!!

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Cool sketches, congrats! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey LUZNDAVE...

Man you lucked out with all those sketch cards in just 2 cases...did you pre-order them or just order them recently...13 sketch cards in just two cases is very exciting...

...also, very happy you pulled my double Luke portrait with him contemplating existence as the twin Tatooine suns set in that lavender blue sky...I was going to keep that sketch card as one of my "returned 6"...it made it to my top 10 and then I just had to let it go...the X-Wing is what he's daydreaming about...or i guess it's duskdreaming about...

...hope you love it if it stays in your collection...or hope you make some money back on you cases if you decide to sell it...just give it a good home...it really is one of my favorites... Luv You

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I will be keeping it but one of my favered cards is your Greedo which i brought on ebay. It was one of the cards that made me pre-order a case. It was a terrible case with 7 autos best been r2d2 and 1 ok Fabbri Vader sketch. I then order 2 cases hopeing my luck could not be as bad and did very well. I think your cards are the best cards in quality in the set. You should be very proud of your work because I am proud to own some of these great cards.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
incredible breakdown. You're very lucky.

A belgian hiphop group

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
Hey LUZNDAVE...

Man you lucked out with all those sketch cards in just 2 cases...did you pre-order them or just order them recently...13 sketch cards in just two cases is very exciting...

...also, very happy you pulled my double Luke portrait with him contemplating existence as the twin Tatooine suns set in that lavender blue sky...I was going to keep that sketch card as one of my "returned 6"...it made it to my top 10 and then I just had to let it go...the X-Wing is what he's daydreaming about...or i guess it's duskdreaming about...

...hope you love it if it stays in your collection...or hope you make some money back on you cases if you decide to sell it...just give it a good home...it really is one of my favorites... Luv You

Hey Len,

Those are sittin9ducks case breaks. I wish they were mine.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ocdlotr..... U did a lot of Fabulous Sketches for this set Smile For some people, pulling your cards is just awesome..... I have yet to pull one but if I do, you will get the praise Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck:
I will be keeping it but one of my favered cards is your Greedo which i brought on ebay. It was one of the cards that made me pre-order a case. It was a terrible case with 7 autos best been r2d2 and 1 ok Fabbri Vader sketch. I then order 2 cases hopeing my luck could not be as bad and did very well. I think your cards are the best cards in quality in the set. You should be very proud of your work because I am proud to own some of these great cards.

Thanks for the kind words sittin9duck, KADRAN00157 and LUZNDAVE...I love that that "9" is in your name...important number!

Sorry about the mixup with who pulled what, I must have read LUZNDAVE's respone to your pulls...and in my enthusiasm to seeing that Luke pop up just quickly replied...

LOVE that you're keeping it...and I see you did win that Greedo...I try, when I can, to keep records of where these sketch cards eventually wind up, and that Greedo was really one of the first, if not THE first of my SW30 sketch cards to hit Ebay...and the two cards of mine you have...are like COMPLETE opposites...the soft lavenders of this kinda romantic Luke scene, and that bumpy rigged artificial cblue/green of Greedo...and opposites are perfect combos...

...again, thanks for the compliments...and I sincerely hope one of my sketch cards finds their way into a pack that every regular card collector out there opens... Smile

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Got my package today from Topps, supplying cards for the 7 dud boxes I got out of 2 cases.

I found it quite interesting that, like venom5liter, I received a Greedo auto (although mine was Maria DeAragon), a Biggs auto and 2 Alison Sohn sketches.

Overall I got 3 autos (the 2 above and John Dykstra) and the following sketches:

All and all, I was quite pleased with their reply and response time.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
I like the Darth Vader one.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Me too! The package woud have been complete ACK! without the Vader and Luke sketches by Sohn.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
That Vader sketch is awesome! It's good to see Topps responding to the bad case/box breaks.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raider5gt:
did get 2 auto's&1 more sketch card sadly no good auto's just behind the scene's guy's Frown oh well roll on the next star wars set lol,thanks for all your kind words Dragoncrypt&riddickfan

Sorry to hear that raider5gt Frown but hey, like you said, next Star Wars set right? Hehehe.

BTW, what sketch card did you get?

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raider5gt
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, what sketch card did you get?

i got a paul gutierrez sketch of luke also got a retail box 3 magnet cards&4 cel cards.
the cel cards are quite nice Big Grin

Posts: 437 | Location: Gloucester UK | Registered: July 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post