Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 30th Anniversary (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Almath on pulling two Kayanan sketches from the same case! Clap The Bellinger sketch looks awesome as well. Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Almath:
Hi All

Finally picked up my three cases today. Had a 6 hour round trip to get them. Friday traffic on the M1 motorway.

Tryptich, red and blue foils broke as was to be expected. I got 4 gold cards over the three cases.

Nothing to shout about on the autograph front but I pulled some amazing sketches.

The hi-lights were

both from the same case!!!

Also

As well as the first 'A' from the Tarkin montage by Catt Staggs and the middle piece of a three parter by Watkins Chow of Luke, Leia and Han and a Pence Sketch of Aunt Beru.

The artwork on these cards is amazing. Pictures on websites do not do them justice. Thanks to all the artists for their hard work on this set.

Wow!! Eek

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Hey Almath...WOW...

...first, I've got to tell you that those 2 Kayanan's alone are worth in the neighborhood of $750 to $1000 EACH...

...I'm happy you pulled one of my "Trench" scenes...it's actually the first one I've seen pulled...and that's worth a couple of hundred more as well...

...and a Staggs letter card...and one of Sean Pence's master portraits...AND part of a Watkins-Chow multi-panel piece...man, YOU HIT THE JACKPOT OF CASES!!! Each one of those are in the $150-$300 range...if not more as well!!!

That case has close to $3,000 worth of sketch cards...give or take the cost of the case...SPECTACULAR CASE!!!!

I'm extremely envious... Eek!

...a terrific way to start a remarkabale collection! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manolito:
Here is the result from my 4 boxes.

...and this is quite a beautiful group of inserts as well...and from just HALF a case...MAN!

Terrific Rabbitte, sensitive Sohn, and super cool and colorful Hickman... Eek

...another great group...! CONGRATULATIONS Manolito!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cards weren't all from the same case. Only the Kayanan's. The Staggs, Pence etc were mixed up in the other two cases. Sorry my post was a bit ambiguous. I'd had a very long day and wasn't thinking/typing too clearly. However, I have still done remarkably well over three cases, and am extremely happy. I must admit I was a little apprehensive before opening the cases after what i'd read about the misfortune of some other board members. I've never been this fortunate with case breaks before.
On a side note I think the base set is superb one of the nicest in a long time. I cant decide whether to go after the blue parallel set. Shouldn't be too difficult to complete. I've just finished the Finest parallel set and that took at least three years.
As for sticker auto's. I think they look alright, though I would prefer straight onto card signatures.

Posts: 38 | Location: Nottingham, Uk | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Almath:
Sorry my post was a bit ambiguous. I'd had a very long day and wasn't thinking/typing too clearly.

If I had pulled two Kayanan's in the same case I wouldn't have been able to write a report for a week.

Just leaves me to congratulate you on great pulls. Nice ones Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two Kayanan's in one case.....
AWESOME!!!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apex_Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
quote:
Originally posted by manolito:
Here is the result from my 4 boxes.

...and this is quite a beautiful group of inserts as well...and from just HALF a case...MAN!

Terrific Rabbitte, sensitive Sohn, and super cool and colorful Hickman... Eek

...another great group...! CONGRATULATIONS Manolito!

And Manolito didn't even mention the gold card... Twak
That was pulled out the box with the A. Sohn sketch, I believe Smokin'

Posts: 133 | Location: NL | Registered: August 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Man this is fabulous Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
That double Kayanan+ haul would be great for great for 10 cases... Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
After all the reports of dud boxes I feared the worst but I think did rather well with my 2 boxes. Which would be an understatement if I pulled a Ford which I unfortunately did not... Wink

Box 1:

1 complete base set
Boxloader - 83 (red border)
blue parallel - 16 + 104
red parallel - 96
gold parallel -
Trypitch - 8 (no doubles)
autograph - Christine Hewett / Tonnika Sister
sketch -

Box 2:

1 complete base set
Boxloader - 169 (yellow border)
blue parallel - 7 + 26
red parallel - 91
gold parallel - 28 (22/30) Clap
Trypitch - 7 (no doubles)
autograph -
sketch - Darth Vader by Grant Gould Bouncey

I had really hoped for any other autograph but hey, at least I got one!
The Vader sketch is really nice and the gold card was a nice surprise.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Got my box today and I am really impressed with the set. Breakdown as follows:

Full base set & spares
Box topper Yellow 188
Blue parallels 91 & 96
Red parallel 50
8 puzzle pieces (inc. the full Master & Apprentice trio)

Sketch card X-wing pilot by Rob Teranishi Dance

These are great cards and the sketch card is the icing on the cake. Very pleased. Smile

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Here's my case breakdown...

Box 1
Sketch: Ryan Waterhouse (Jawa)
Puzzle: 8 pieces
Foil: #9 Blue, #18 Blue, Red (#48)
Box Topper: #119 Red

Box 2
Auto: Maria DeAragon as Greedo
Foil: #33 Blue, #48 Blue, #71 Red
Box Topper: #75 Yellow

Box 3
Sketch: Christian Dalla Vecchia (Han Solo)
Foil: #27 Blue, #44 Blue, #119 Red
Box Topper: #74 Red

Box 4
Auto: Garrick Hagon as Biggs Darklighter
Puzzle: 13 pieces (1 pack had 4 in, 1 pack had 6 in)
Foil: #26 Blue, #112 Blue, #47 Red
Box Topper: #117 Blue

Box 5
Auto: Richard Edlund
Foil: #78 Blue, #87 Blue, #50 Red
Box Topper: #172 Yellow

Box 6
Auto: Christine Hewett as Brea Tonnika
Foil: #56 Blue, #105 Blue, #84 Red
Box Topper: #172 Yellow (duplicate of previous box)

Box 7
Sketch: Cat Staggs (Stormtrooper in letter A)
Foil: #21 Blue, #93 Blue, #83 Red
Box Topper: #26 Blue

Box 8
Sketch: Josh Howard (Leia)
Foil: #54 Blue, #67 Blue, #35 Red
Box Topper: #118 Red

This turned out to be a great case, thanks to the Cat Staggs sketch. It was already better than my Complete Bond case, with four good autos, but getting the fantastic Staggs sketch has made this so much better.

The collation looked OK, although getting a couple of packs with 4 and 6 puzzle cards was a surprise. There were a fair few miscut cards though. The base set itself is great with lots of new photos on the front and back. I don't mind the sticker autos now that I see them. They have been integrated into the card well with the sticker border. Only when the sticker is off-centre does it show.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed opening this case and look forward to getting some trades going. Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats Thush on your case break and pulling the Cat Staggs sketch card! Clap

Well done Soul-on-Fire and justm on all your pulls. Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
Congrats Thush on your case break and pulling the Cat Staggs sketch card! Clap

Well done Soul-on-Fire and justm on all your pulls. Thumb Up

Thanks, gofmauleg.

I forgot to post these pics of the puzzle cards. They look really nice when actually put together as a puzzle. Shame you can't easily store them like that.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of THX2112
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was already better than my Complete Bond case

WOW! That's a pretty bold statement. You must have received the worst case that RA sent out. Sorry to hear that!

Posts: 139 | Location: Noblesville, IN | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes today and did okay. I like the interesting choices of photos on the cards. The boxtoppers were a lot of fun.

Box 1:

Boxloader - #309 "The birthday celebration for Sir Alec Guinness (orange border)

blue parallel - 91 and 96

red parallel - 75 Creatures of Hoth (funny card showing main cast in a candid shot on the set)

gold parallel -

Trypitch - 8

sketch - Obi Wan Kenobi by Joseph Booth Smile

Box 2:

Boxloader - 129 "May the Force Be With You"(red border)

blue parallel - 44 and 106

red parallel - 30 The Prison Barge Beseiged

gold parallel -

Trypitch - 8

Autograph- Phil Tippett

Was hoping for a Leia sketch, but the Obi Wan is nice, too. I had fun looking at the vintage boxloaders: brought back a lot of fun memories.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Here’s the result of my Topps SW 30th Case.
Box 1 two packs short a card; 1 base set Sketch card Vader by Fabbri
Blue Foil: 0 Red Foil: 79
Tryptich: 8 total – Hidden 3; Insurmountable 1; Power 2,3; Underworld 3; Tyranny 1,2; Master 3.
Box 2
No base set short 7 cards Sketch card Luke by Sean Pence
Blue Foil: 36, 51 Red Foil: 67
Tryptich: 9 total – Insurmountable 1; Hidden 1,2,3; Master 1,2,3; Tyranny 1, 3/\
Box 3
No base set short 1 card Auto Gary Kurtz
Blue Foil: 64, 75 Red Foil: 54
Tryptich: 8 total – Underworld 3; Power 1,2,3; Bravery 1, 3; Tyranny 1,2.
Box 4
1 pack with extra card; 1 base set Auto Norman Reynolds
Blue Foil: 9, 110; Red Foil: 12, 109.
Tryptich 8 total – Insurmountable 2,3; Hidden 1,2; Escaping 1,2,3; Imprisonment 4.
Box 5
Pack short a card ; 1 base set; Sketch Vader by Hodges
Blue Foil: 49 Red Foil 54
Tryptich: 8 total – Underworld 1,2; Power 1; Imprisonment 2; Tyranny 3; Bravery 1, 2,3.
Box 6
1 pack with extra card; 1 base set; 0 auto or sketch
Blue Foil: 14, 46 Red Foil 100
Tryptich 9 total – Underworld 1,2; Imprisonment 1,2; Hidden 3, Insurmountable 1; Tyranny 1; Power 2,3.
Box 7
2 packs short a card, 1 pack with an extra card; base set; Auto Biggs Darklighter
Blue Foil: 116 Red Foil: 39
Tryptich: 8 total – Escaping 1,2,3; Insurmountable 2,3; Hidden 1; Imprisonment 1,3.
Box 8
Base set ; Auto Greedo
Blue Foil: 17, 34 Red Foil 67
Tryptich – 8 total – Tyranny 1,2; Force 2,3; Hidden 3; Underworld 3; Insurmountable 1; Master 3.
Summary: 3 sketches, 4 autos, 12 blue foils, 9 red foils, 66 tryptich. So I was short 4 blue foils, got 1 extra red foil and received two extra tryptich. Going by the wrapper that says 1 sketch/auto per box I am short a sketch/auto. But if you use the odds Topps lists there should be 4.47 autos in a case and 3.84 sketches in a case so rounding down to the nearest whole number that was I got. If you round up then I was short a sketch/auto.

My feelings: I am pleased with the sketches I got but not thrilled since they are not my favourite characters. I was hoping for Leia, Han, R2D2, C3P0, Chewie as my favourite SW characters. I have always liked the detail Fabbri puts in; how can I not be pleased with Sean’s detail – he captures Luke so well whether you like him or not! The Hodges Vader seems the simplest to me but knowing of him from the forum makes the card more important to me.
I don’t bother with parallels so they are all off to ebay. The tryptichs are okay but since they’ll be a pain to display they’ll probably go off to ebay.
The autos; hmm I know Greedo; don’t remember Biggs Darklighter; didn’t have a clue about Kurtz or Reynolds. Usually I prefer autos just from the characters I like so I don’t know what I’ll do about the autos. I notice on ebay Greedo and Biggs are plentiful and often aren’t selling. Kurtz and Reynolds seem a little more scarce but still not selling for much.
I bought a case hoping to get some of the great sketches I was seeing on NSU; sketches I could never afford to buy. Same goes for the autos. I’m disappointed in the missing cards and the box with no sketch/auto so I’m definitely not going to buy another Topps case. Given that I have a preference for certain characters it will just be more pleasant and cost effective to buy those sketches directly.
Autos/Sketches

[img=http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9554/sw30thpp1.th.jpg]

Sketches only

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Retail:
------

Box 1: 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 4 Animation | 3 Magnet | 8 Puzzle
Box 2: 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 4 Animation | 3 Magnet | 8 Puzzle
Box 3: 2 Blue | 1 Red | 0 Gold | 4 Animation | 3 Magnet | 8 Puzzle
Box 4: 2 Blue | 0 Red | 1 Gold | 4 Animation | 3 Magnet | 8 Puzzle

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
RedFive-
How many different Magnet cards are there? Confused

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post