Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Good one!

Posts: 2351 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
In 2000, Cyberaction sold a CD with a 9-card set of digital cards along with some text and audio and video clips. PCE2008 lists a promo set of physical cards that was given out at the time. Here is another 9-card promo set that was given only to Cyberaction employees.

There are actually 3 different 'sets...4 different sets? I'm getting old. Since this is a 'how many exist thread' I'll comment on how many I've seen over the years.
The 9-card set that loosks like the CD's ALOT
The 10 card business employees ones. Rarely see

4-card Jombo set of 4 Las Vegas Hilton log ALOT
4-card Jombo contest logo rarely see.

I am pretty resentful of the moeny I spent on the cd cards that can't be used anymore, but that's a whole other topic Wink

https://jklm.net/startrekcards...ion-star-trek-cards/

Posts: 4241 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for "Destination Dinosaur" (no year) and lists three cards: "Allosaurus," "Apatosaurus," and "Deinonychus." Here are two more: "Dinosaur Eggs," and "Tyrannosaurus." These cards promote a temporary exhibit set up at the Milwaukee Zoo during the mid-90's. I assume the cards were given out at the zoo.

Posts: 3477 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's that "Armadon" card:

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's another card, "Vertigo" from the Primal Rage (1994) Playmates set. I have seen another one, "Armadon," as well.

Posts: 3477 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Primal Rage, I see a whole bunch on the auction sites

Sauron (appears to be 2 different ones)
Talon (2 different)
Diablo (2 different)
Chaos
Blizzard
Armadon (2 different)
Vertigo

I think there are 14 different ones, 2 versions of each character.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3350 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's interesting - maybe two different cards per character. There is also a separate set with the Toys 'R Us logo on the front and different art of the characters. I assume those cards were given out at the store with a pre-order or maybe the cards were given away with purchase of the game (or just given away). I have an image of a few of the cards somewhere but I don't think I have any of the cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
On the Primal Rage, I see a whole bunch on the auction sites

Sauron (appears to be 2 different ones)
Talon (2 different)
Diablo (2 different)
Chaos
Blizzard
Armadon (2 different)
Vertigo

I think there are 14 different ones, 2 versions of each character.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Primal Rage, there is a 14 card set, an 8 card Toys R Us set, and a sheet that came in Game Players Magazine.

All of the above were released in 1994. I do not personally have any.

Posts: 4560 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post