Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Worst, Top Gear......Ever !!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/6997038416

December 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
Kevin F
Worst, Top Gear......Ever !!
I watched the Christmas 2011 Top Gear Challenge/Adventure earlier this evening and can honestly say it was the worst episode of the series I can ever remember watching Twak All I can say is they should have taken Mr Cameron's advice right at the start of the programme and stayed away from India. Could I please have that 90 minutes of my life back Shake Head
December 29, 2011, 07:12 AM
WOMBLE
I agree, all the jokes and slap-stick aren't funny as they have all been done before and done much better.
January 08, 2012, 02:07 AM
Stephen123
So glad I missed that one then! Big Grin

So many cards, so little money!
January 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
Quaint1
I watched up to the point where they were going to replace the chaps who run around delivering lunches and bailed out.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast
January 09, 2012, 04:18 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I watched up to the point where they were going to replace the chaps who run around delivering lunches and bailed out.
Au Res.,
Paul
You made a wise decision there Paul, it went downhill rapidly from there onwards Frown
March 25, 2015, 06:49 PM
WOMBLE
No more from presenter Clarkson, end of an era.
March 25, 2015, 07:12 PM
X
I'm a big Clarkson fan and have always enjoyed his tongue-in-cheek attempts to wind up all and sundry but he got what he deserved this time. You can't be on a final warning then assault a colleague without expecting it to go the way it has.
March 26, 2015, 08:02 PM
chesspieceface
This "Top Gear" discussion might as well be in code to most of us Yanks, I suppose, since I don't think it airs in the USA.

I know it's a TV show from England and that the host was very recently sacked, but beyond that, I don't even know what the series is about. Anyone have a simple description of it to save me the googling?

March 26, 2015, 08:28 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
This "Top Gear" discussion might as well be in code to most of us Yanks, I suppose, since I don't think it airs in the USA.

I know it's a TV show from England and that the host was very recently sacked, but beyond that, I don't even know what the series is about. Anyone have a simple description of it to save me the googling?

BBC America airs it though I think those episodes are kind of old by the time they are shown here.

Top Gear is a show about cars with three hosts. A big draw is how the hosts play off each other and insult each other and the cars they drive/prefer. They test new cars and they also have a celebrity guest on the show who drives a track and "competes" against past celebrities who have driven that same track. They have that celebrity come on and announce his/her time (it's usually a big reveal) and the celebrity also gets to plug their new movie or whatever.

I am not a huge fan and have only seen a handful of episodes but that's my take for what it's worth. It's very enjoyable and I like it when I get to watch it.

March 27, 2015, 01:19 AM
chesspieceface
Ah, OK, "Top Gear" as in "Gear Shift".
Car buffs must love it!
Thanks, Harris.

March 27, 2015, 06:54 AM
Raven
I saw it once, it was three guys in three different model cars on a little drag strip type road. They all shot off once and one car won and they then they did it again and another car won. All the drivers were attempting what I would describe as lame trash talk. That's my review and I'll stick with NASCAR. Wink
March 27, 2015, 08:18 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I saw it once, it was three guys in three different model cars on a little drag strip type road. They all shot off once and one car won and they then they did it again and another car won. All the drivers were attempting what I would describe as lame trash talk. That's my review and I'll stick with NASCAR. Wink

I've never seen it because I prefer my Scalextric but then I don't even drive.

March 27, 2015, 01:25 PM
Lovemesomecards
My son (who is 13) thinks this show is great. He loves all the cars, read that as the super expensive cars, such as the DB9 and the McLaren, Ferraris and Porsches. We went through a phase two years ago where we had seen every episode available on Netflix. I could take it or leave it. They do give each other a good razing about their car preference and they always trash the American made cars.

I would say Clarkson is my least favorite of the three. He comes across as a pompous jerk to the other hosts. It can be a bit of fun if you like cars at all. Just my 2 cents.