This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/6267088676

June 22, 2015, 06:07 PM
David R
"Hannibal" cancelled
The Silence of the Lambs show will not be returning after Sept
June 22, 2015, 06:26 PM
Raven
I was surprised that it even lasted more than one season, but it had good actors and generally good reviews. The problem is that it was on a main network and it would have been better suited as a cable show. It was somewhat similar in subject to something like Bates Motel or Dexter or even American Horror. This type of show is not going to pull in the audience numbers required by the advertisers on mainstream TV. Maybe it will resurface somewhere, I don't know how they intend to leave it off.
June 22, 2015, 07:29 PM
willgull
.......which would explain why Propstore is auctioning off a lot if not all of the Hannibal props from the show
June 22, 2015, 08:14 PM
X
My partner loves it and I don't think it's bad but it's testing my patience and I'm not surprised it has been canned.
The arty style that was once enticing is now all a bit too clever. I only keep watching for Gillian Anderson, Mads Mikkelsen and Laurence Fishburne.
August 30, 2015, 04:45 PM
Raven
SPOILERS AHEAD!

So the series final was shown and as far as I can see from internet posts it has been well received by Hannibal fans. There is still talk that it might get picked up somewhere else, as certain people refuse to believe that death leaps are fatal. In the TV/Movie business they often aren't. Big Grin

I was thinking of picking up the DVDs, hence I wanted to know the ending because I'm one of those people that needs a good ending. Don't even mention Dexter to me, I'm still way too aggravated. Wink

Anyway, I think I'm gonna pass because I thought the ending would merge into the other stories, but it doesn't. It just leaves off with Hannibal late for dinner and I won't even go there, except to say that Anderson must really like unconventional roles. Big Grin