Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Entertainment Discussion    Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shows Ending / Being Cancelled
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Some shows listed for cancellation

Animal Kingdom (was winding down anyway)
Better Call Saul (same)
Black-ish and Brooklyn 99 (had a good runs of 8 seasons)
The Crown
Ellen (after a respectable 19 seasons)
Jupiter's Legacy (I tried to like it...I really did)
Keeping Up w The Kardashians (after 20 seasons! I guess they have enough money now)
Last Man Standing (9 seasons)
Lost In Space (Standard 3 and done Netflix method)
MacGyver (Actually lasted longer than I thought it would)
Manifest (Kinda surprised it made it to season 3)
Mom (8 seasons) Not a bad show, doing well in syndication.
NCIS New Orleans is done the other two renewed. Really don't know how one is better than the other, they are all the same.
Ozark (Another Netflix casualty)
Peaky Blinders (6 Seasons)
Queen of the South (5 Seasons)
Rebel (cancelled after airing of 4 episodes)
Shameless (11 seasons. Basically if you could script the lives of Jerry Springer guests)
Tosh.0 (12 seasons)
Twilight Zone (2 seasons)
Van Helsing (5 seasons)
Walking Dead (A much deserved and over due cancellation after 11 seasons)
Wynonna Earp

Posts: 3614 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Great, as far as I'm concerned every show on that list can disappear, except one. Luckily its the one that is wrong. Big Grin

The Crown hasn't been cancelled, its a hit show. It got delayed with COVID, but is coming back for Season 5 with an all new cast of actors and will still run through Season 6, when it is scheduled to end. The Crown has switched to an age appropriate cast every 2 seasons.

Posts: 8632 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"Ozark" and "Better Call Saul" have a chance to be classics of the form, if they can finish well. It'd be hard to find better acting than what is seen on those two series.

I liked "Brooklyn-99" but it really has run its course. How can you tell? Two lead characters that hated each initially have hooked up, gotten married, and have a kid on the way. Still, I'm looking forward to the finish on that one.

Posts: 2994 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never seen most of those shows and never even heard of "Ozark" nor "Peaky Blinders." One of my friends watched Tosh.0. I saw several episodes and it was funny so I can see how it lasted so long.

I saw the first couple of seasons of "Walking Dead" and it was alright but started to become too much of a soap opera. It might have not been for me but there is a hunger for more creative soap opera out there so it lasted longer than I thought it would.

Redoing "Twilight Zone" (again) is tough with so much to live up to. The writing really has to be consistently excellent to have a chance at keeping the old fans and drawing in new kids. The latest version must have had something to last two seasons. The 80's version had a couple of good episodes. I saw just a few of those.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 2390 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was actually the 4th attempt at the Twilight Zone. The third version lasted 1 or 2 years in the mid 2000s from what I recall on the UPN network or whatever they called the network that Buffy moved to.

Posts: 2854 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post