Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
..and no more Merlin after Series 5

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/958604453/m/1587065626

November 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
Kevin F
..and no more Merlin after Series 5
The BBC have announced that Merlin Series 5 will end with a 2-part grand finale at Christmas and that will be the end of the series.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/...turning-for-series-6
November 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
Lovemesomecards
That is a bummer. Frown I think that Merlin is a good show, one that is suitable for family viewing. Alot of stuff out there now just isn't suitable for families. My kids (11 & 9) and I just started watching this from the beginning. Sad to see it go, but glad it got 5 seasons.

November 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
WOMBLE
I will miss Merlin, it's a show that has got much better as it has gone along.
November 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Graham
I expect the final episode to be the one where Merlin reveals he's a Wizard. It's a shame this is coming to an end as the revelation would have given the series a new dynamic and it would be like a fresh show.
December 08, 2012, 09:50 PM
KADRAN00157
Can't belive the BBC...... They need to get their act together fast, they cancell a good show like this, for what????????
Let me guess, more reality shows like strictly come dancing right?????

KADRAN00157
December 09, 2012, 07:15 AM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Can't belive the BBC...... They need to get their act together fast, they cancell a good show like this, for what????????
Let me guess, more reality shows like strictly come dancing right?????

KADRAN00157
To be fair to the BBC, it's being brought to a logical conclusion not being cancelled. I'd hate to see it continued beyond this just because it is a popular series. One problem I have had over the years with US series is the way they have been continued well past their sell by dates simply because they have high ratings, the X-files being one example that springs to mind.