Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    MARVEL "GREATEST BATTLES" - RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES LTD
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
MARVEL "GREATEST BATTLES" - RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES LTD
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
As far as the price of this release goes, it's a little bit of 'smoke and mirrors'. We are only getting one sketch in a box. It just happens to be in two pieces. Puzzle cards usually sell for more purely because of the chase to complete. I can't see many singles being sold. Also, in past releases, we've seen 3, 4, 6 and 9 part puzzles. Apart from the Martineck incentives, this set seems to be limited to two piece puzzles. No artist has posted that they've done more. It looks like there will be no happy surprises Frown
Dispite all this, I'm really looking forward to this set Big Grin
 
Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Something also missing is the chance to get a hidden archive box. Recent releases have been so big that the boxes were in two parts so no hidden ones were included. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't make an appearance.
 
Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well, if it makes it any better, we were told to try to make sure that each piece stood alone with or without the partner sketch....I did this where at least one full character is on each side...some had more....up to 6 people....So there are at least SOME that could be split if someone REALLY wanted to try to go that route...

____________________
"Fire thought she'd really rather be water instead "
 
Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ronin47
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
As far as the price of this release goes, it's a little bit of 'smoke and mirrors'. We are only getting one sketch in a box. It just happens to be in two pieces. Puzzle cards usually sell for more purely because of the chase to complete. I can't see many singles being sold. Also, in past releases, we've seen 3, 4, 6 and 9 part puzzles. Apart from the Martineck incentives, this set seems to be limited to two piece puzzles. No artist has posted that they've done more. It looks like there will be no happy surprises Frown
Dispite all this, I'm really looking forward to this set Big Grin
I meant more along the lines of how these 2 piece puzzles will effect the sale of regular sketches, singles, outside this release.

quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Something also missing is the chance to get a hidden archive box. Recent releases have been so big that the boxes were in two parts so no hidden ones were included. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't make an appearance.
I hope you're right. Mini archive boxes would be great!

In regards to Hot Boxes, they could have done the usual 4,6 piece puzzle sketches, and/or thrown in a redemption for a 6,9 peice sketch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin47,
 
Posts: 10 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: November 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
Are these Marvel sets with sketch cards getting to be old and uninspiring? The RA Marvels Greatest Battles was released and there's no discussion on it, even to the point where the last discussion was 2 months ago!

____________________
I'm looking for colored "Robots the Movie" sketch cards by Inkworks.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
 
Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Just waiting to receive mine. Sketches look good on ebay.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
someone on another message board hit a hidden Archive box. Looked like about 8 extra "sets" of sketches, but i didnt count.

____________________
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Sketchcards on Twitter
 
Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
someone on another message board hit a hidden Archive box. Looked like about 8 extra "sets" of sketches, but i didnt count.
Reading through his post, he has listed the 10 extra artist names but only posted 8 of the sketches. So his case had 21 two-panel sketches instead of 12. Nice find since he only bought the one case.
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I only ordered two boxes but haven't got them yet. I like a lot of the sketches I'm seeing on Ebay. The prices seem high, but these are two sketch cards (usually), not one, and the boxes are expensive, so the pricing is actually sort of reasonable, especially on the really nice sketches. One of which I just had to have, so made an offer and it was accepted.
 
Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Anyone got information/breaks on archive boxes?
 
Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Just waiting to receive mine. Sketches look good on ebay.


Maybe by the end of next week.

Manufacturer and/or distributor shipping delays and allocations are really getting old.

Not to mention gimmicks and price increases for cheap gimmicks.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on my boxes as well. Frown

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5791 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    MARVEL "GREATEST BATTLES" - RITTENHOUSE ARCHIVES LTD

© Non-Sport Update 2013