Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Transformers 40th Anniversary Trading Cards by Dynamite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers 40th Anniversary Trading Cards by Dynamite
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
From some Friendly Dealer's Wave upcoming newsletter:

quote:
There are 3 distinct packages and each has it’s own exclusive content. These options are:

Standard Hobby Boxes. These 24 pack boxes have the base set, holofoil parallel, and insert sets. You’ll also find 1 of 4 metal cards at 1 per box and randomly inserted sketch and artist autos.

Blaster Boxes: These 5 pack boxes have 9 “old school” chipboard base cards only available in blasters and 1 holofoil card per pack. Plus you get 1 of 9 different oversized cards in every box. You need blasters if you want the throwback parallel set.

Hanger Boxes: These 2 pack boxes have 1 of 5 Special Edition Foil Cards in every box. That’s the only way to get the foil chase.

What we know about the set:

110 Card Base Set
110 Card Holofoil Parallel Set
110 Card “Old School” Set
6 Creator Art: Bob Budinsky Cards
6 Creator Art: Simon Furman Cards
40 1/1 Art Cards randomly inserted throughout the set
Signed Cards by Bob Budinsky and Simon Furman Randomly Inserted
Sketch Cards Randomly Inserted

Configuration:
Hobby: 10 Cards Per Pack / 24 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case
Blasters: 10 Cards Per Pack / 5 Packs Per Box / 24 Boxes Per Case
Hangers: 10 Cards Per Pack / 2 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case

I'm going to try to get better about posting new set info here. There is a very sad lack of new set information here lately.

Ed

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5124 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there are 4 promos. 1 is in the new NSU. Where are the other 3 available ?

Posts: 4183 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
1, 3, and 4 have been reported as in NSU in the current thread.

So, my guess is that all 4 were mixed into the print run.

Only a guess. I have not seen my dealer order yet.

Ed

Posts: 5124 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Besides the cards at the San Diego Comic Con and in NSU, I also saw one card limited to 100 which was apparently exclusive through pre-ordering a special version of the 40th Anniversary edition of the Transformers comic book.

Posts: 4183 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received this by email:

Happy Transformers Day! It's a huge celebration of all things Transformers for fans and collectors alike. And everyone is excited for the theatrical release of Transformers One! It's a great time to be a Transformers fan!

We are excited to be a part of the festivities with our new Transformers 40th Anniversary Ultra Premium Trading Cards! The Transformers 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Trading Cards are launching on Kickstarter but you can get a sneak peek by popping on and signing up to be notified at launch right here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ing-cards?ref=5se69b

posted Hide Post
"Deluxe Ultra Premium" sounds expensive.

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So I am confused

Wasn't this card set released this summer ? Is this something else ?

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So I am confused

Wasn't this card set released this summer ? Is this something else ?

No, the "regular" Transformers set has not been released yet. It keeps getting moved back, with a target date of mid-October now. This is for hobby boxes, blaster boxes, and a 2 pack hanger box.

The Ultra-Premium set is completely different.

It will be in the format of many other Dynamite sets like Dawn, Vampirella, Red Sonja, and others. It is a "case" of 12 mini boxes. Each mini box holds 1 pack. Each pack will have 2 sketch cards and 1 autograph, along with base and insert cards.

If it's like other Ultra-Premium sets, you'll need a sealed "case" of 12 to make the base set and all the chase. And you get 24 sketches that way.

Dynamite's price on the "case" is over $1100.00, but you can get them cheaper if you find a Friendly Dealer™ Wave who carries these.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This just launched. If you pledged in the first 48 hours there was an exclusive oversized card you could obtain:

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...ing-cards?ref=cegc15

posted Hide Post
$100 for a mini box with 2 sketches and lots of other cards. . .

I don't think it's a bad price, but I'm also not ordering any.

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post