August 19, 2012, 03:04 AM
Andy28
Upper Deck Marvel Premier
lol that does seem pretty ridiculous
August 19, 2012, 06:30 AM
DeathStorm
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Found out last week I won't be getting the case I ordered.

Do you think that means they've sold out or they have no idea how to run a business?
August 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rian Fike
quote:
Originally posted by DeathStorm:
quote:
Found out last week I won't be getting the case I ordered.

Do you think that means they've sold out or they have no idea how to run a business?

It has nothing to do with selling out of the product. You have to be an official member of the UD retailers club, with a brick and mortar store.
August 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
igman7
That is not 100% true, Ed could order it, as could I, as long as it is with the intent to open the product and not re-sell it online or "out of territory" for the specified length of time (90 days online or 1 year out of territory).

One or two of the large "official" online retailers likely bought up the inventory thinking it is a goldmine...I belive it is more like a field of landmines.

August 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
That is not 100% true, Ed could order it, as could I, as long as it is with the intent to open the product and not re-sell it online or "out of territory" for the specified length of time (90 days online or 1 year out of territory).

Iggy,

Not true this time. I couldn't get ANY without a Brick and Mortar store. Not unwrapped, not at all. As I said, I'd ordered a case and had it cancelled.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 20, 2012, 04:29 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:

Iggy,

Not true this time. I couldn't get ANY without a Brick and Mortar store. Not unwrapped, not at all. As I said, I'd ordered a case and had it cancelled.

Ed

I guess this is what they will be doing in the future when they hve a hot product which sells out on pre-orders.No doubt they will come crawling back to you when they have something woth low pre-sales Shake Head .I hope you tell them where to go Big Grin .
August 20, 2012, 12:37 PM
Rian Fike
The reality of the situation is simple. Upper Deck cut its Entertainment Division down from 40 people to 4. We are seeing the best that 4 people can do trying to do the jobs of 40.

Add the fact that the higher levels of management are and always have been batshit crazy, and this is what you get.
August 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
jadams
Well, the Emotion cards are a wrap. Tomorrow night I'll button them up and Friday they are off to Upper Deck.

I honestly didn't think I'd make the deadline.
August 30, 2012, 06:51 AM
wgf351
That's a bit of a tease, don't ya think? How about an "accidental" sneak!

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

August 30, 2012, 12:17 PM
jadams
quote:
Originally posted by wgf351:
That's a bit of a tease, don't ya think? How about an "accidental" sneak!

not meaning to tease. I don't think I'm allowed to show actual cards that are finished though. I'm pretty sure I signed something saying no showie.

But there may or not be a test page or two at www.orange-thirteen.com
September 04, 2012, 07:14 PM
Kevin F
I see there is now an extension to this set which will work wonders on the value of the impossible to complete base set. Interesting to see a bit more information about the Emotion Booklets too:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....5604453/m/1067018326
September 07, 2012, 10:31 AM
Elaine Perna
Some sketch cards that leaked out. http://lazeedog.deviantart.com/#/d5du2xs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,
September 07, 2012, 02:07 PM
Jake
Those leaked sketches look REALLY nice and if it were a regular release pull I'd be extremely happy! Really beautifully done and great interpretations of a lot of other artists and characters.

But doing a 5 panel triple fold out puzzle? OMG that's just so wrong.

September 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
Chrisahend
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Those leaked sketches look REALLY nice and if it were a regular release pull I'd be extremely happy! Really beautifully done and great interpretations of a lot of other artists and characters.

The cyclops section would be cropped a little oddly but the rest wouldn't be too bad.

Who is the character on the single card? That reminds me a lot of a Marvelman costume.
September 07, 2012, 08:12 PM
Elaine Perna
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

The cyclops section would be cropped a little oddly but the rest wouldn't be too bad.

Who is the character on the single card? That reminds me a lot of a Marvelman costume.

I don't think any cards will be cropped for this set, as all sketch cards were sent to the artists already cut. The long cards are folded (hinged) cards and he drew on a few and I believe he scanned them together as a puzzle.

I believe the character on the single card is Ms Marvel (in her new Captain Marvel costume).
September 08, 2012, 02:36 PM
Chrisahend
I was referring to the 5 part puzzle sketch in the link.
September 08, 2012, 03:31 PM
Elaine Perna
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
I was referring to the 5 part puzzle sketch in the link.

I was referring to that too. It is 5 of the long hinged cards. Drawn together as a puzzle piece and scanned together. The pics above it on the right are the other side of the hinged cards. The P on the top of the puzzle cards are the first card of the hinged piece going downwards. I saw several artists at a con drawing on them.
September 08, 2012, 04:39 PM
sherlock2
not touching this overpriced pack of 6 cards at all - especially with UD's who who who can buy these boxes direct
September 10, 2012, 12:06 AM
Haljordanfan
This set in my opinion, will sink faster than the Titanic.
September 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
wgf351
I'm trying to stay hopeful about this set, but I'm puzzled why UD is being so passive about promoting it. I certainly won't buy any packs at that crazy price, but I'll try to pick up a sketch or two later on.