Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Save 10% on Legendary Lovecraft through Cyber-Monday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Save 10% on Legendary Lovecraft through Cyber-Monday
 Login/Join
 
Member
Picture of monsterwax
posted
2014 will see a long overdue price increase in our 24 count boxes (from $44.95 to $49.95). We’ll be putting off raising the prices on our older products as long as possible, but we’re increasing the value of our newest product (Legendary Lovecraft) with even MORE added bonus items, like Lenticular cards in every box, prismatic cards in every other box, and even thicker card stock in ever pack (from quality 18 point stock to super quality 24 point cardboard). We’re sure you’ll notice these upgrades and hope you’ll agree it is well worth the minor added expense.

But you still have through Cyber Monday to take advantage of the cheaper $44.95 price. That’s a $5 savings (10%), plus you’ll get other pre-order incentives like an added Lovecraft promo, and a full color 11 x 17 inch poster featuring art from the set. (NOT Xeroxed, NOT printed on a printer—but a beautiful commercial grade poster especially made to promote the Monsterwax haunted house.) So don’t delay, order today!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: monsterwax,
 
Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was lots of fun working on this set, and I just finished my first batch of 30 sketch cards.

Here's a drawing I did for one of the foil inserts that will appear in every box:

And here are some of my sketch cards:




The other artists working on sketches for this set are Neil Camera, Anthony Carpenter, Shawn Conn, Ted Dastick, Jr., Matthew Kirscht, Mark Finneral, Chuck the Hun and Christopher West.
 
Posts: 2 | Location: NJ | Registered: October 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
2014 will see a long overdue price increase in our 24 count boxes (from $44.95 to $49.95). We’ll be putting off raising the prices on our older products as long as possible, but we’re increasing the value of our newest product (Legendary Lovecraft) with even MORE added bonus items, like Lenticular cards in every box, prismatic cards in every other box, and even thicker card stock in ever pack (from quality 18 point stock to super quality 24 point cardboard). We’re sure you’ll notice these upgrades and hope you’ll agree it is well worth the minor added expense.

But you still have through Cyber Monday to take advantage of the cheaper $44.95 price. That’s a $5 savings (10%), plus you’ll get other pre-order incentives like an added Lovecraft promo, and a full color 11 x 17 inch poster featuring art from the set. (NOT Xeroxed, NOT printed on a printer—but a beautiful commercial grade poster especially made to promote the Monsterwax haunted house.) So don’t delay, order today!

Monsterwax.com/lovecraft



Are all manufacturers now allowed to advertise their stuff for sale here on the board?
I know there is a spot where people may advertise their goods for sale, but I think they are required to pay for such a privilege.
Hmmm.
 
Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I'll grant you that if it became common place, or companies were doing it in lieu of paying for ads, it could be a problem. But neither is the case here. This is time sensitive news because we've been adding new extras to the project since we first announced it, and it's raising the price. We placed a full page ad in the last NSU, and it advertised a cheaper price. Our next ad (in the next issue) will advertise the new price... But that will be long after readers can take advantage of the OLD price. So we wanted to provided all the NSU readers with a special "head's up" so they could take advantage of the cheaper price while it is still available.

Advertising in NSU is essential for all new releases, IMHO. The only disadvantage to all print advertising is that there is a long time between when the ad is designed, when it gets published, and when the next ad can update it. We were caught right in the middle of that long two month "wait interval" when we realized the price change was necessary. Posting this news in the NSU "News & Rumors" section seems a logical solution to this problem, since the forum passes the information on instantaneously. I'm sure I'd want to know about such a change while I could beat the deadline, and I imagine the same to be true for others.

But as far as regular ads, I agree. That's not what the boards are for.

____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease." -Papa Prell
 
Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Artwork looks great, Chrissy, as do your sketch cards! Thumb Up

Looks like another solid release, Kurt. Really looking forward to my boxes! Smile

____________________
Debi

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
 
Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
I'll grant you that if it became common place, or companies were doing it in lieu of paying for ads, it could be a problem. But neither is the case here. This is time sensitive news because we've been adding new extras to the project since we first announced it, and it's raising the price. We placed a full page ad in the last NSU, and it advertised a cheaper price. Our next ad (in the next issue) will advertise the new price... But that will be long after readers can take advantage of the OLD price. So we wanted to provided all the NSU readers with a special "head's up" so they could take advantage of the cheaper price while it is still available.

Advertising in NSU is essential for all new releases, IMHO. The only disadvantage to all print advertising is that there is a long time between when the ad is designed, when it gets published, and when the next ad can update it. We were caught right in the middle of that long two month "wait interval" when we realized the price change was necessary. Posting this news in the NSU "News & Rumors" section seems a logical solution to this problem, since the forum passes the information on instantaneously. I'm sure I'd want to know about such a change while I could beat the deadline, and I imagine the same to be true for others.

But as far as regular ads, I agree. That's not what the boards are for.


A simple "heads up" to perspective buyers would be fine.
The point I think it crosses the line is the link to a website where the items can be purchased.
I hope that if this is now allowed, that others who do the same will not be punished by removal of their post as that could be seen as favoritism or discrimination.
 
Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
A simple "heads up" to perspective buyers would be fine.
The point I think it crosses the line is the link to a website where the items can be purchased.
I hope that if this is now allowed, that others who do the same will not be punished by removal of their post as that could be seen as favoritism or discrimination.

I must be dense as I don't really see the problem that you are refering to? Several card manufacturers post about their upcoming releases in News and Rumors, and some of them do include their URL in their signatures. How is this different? Confused

____________________
Debi

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.
 
Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
A simple "heads up" to perspective buyers would be fine.
The point I think it crosses the line is the link to a website where the items can be purchased.
I hope that if this is now allowed, that others who do the same will not be punished by removal of their post as that could be seen as favoritism or discrimination.

I must be dense as I don't really see the problem that you are refering to? Several card manufacturers post about their upcoming releases in News and Rumors, and some of them do include their URL in their signatures. How is this different? Confused

Sorry, I didn't realize that this is the norm.
I saw a post about a change in price for a set and then a link to a website for pre-ordering their product and assumed this was against the rules.
If this is what everyone does and is allowed, then please forget my post.
Now, is this something that only manufacturers can do when they have a new product to announce?
Is it only for manufacturers?
If I sell on Ebay and just opened a new product, can I link to my Ebay seller page if I am selling at a certain price now but am thinking of raising my price relatively soon and want to give potential buyers a "heads up" about the increase?
I think we should leave offers to purchase in the Advertising section where they belong- but maybe that is just me.
 
Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
The forum intro states this is the place for manufacture press releases and news items. I certainly wasn't trying to avoid contributing advertising money, as I bought significant ad space in both the previous and next issue of NSU. But it's the Christmas season, and I'm sure everyone has better things to do than fuss about this. So in that spirit, I just deleted the link to Monsterwax.com, since that seemed to be the "line being crossed" that raised an eyebrow.

Happy Holidays!

____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease." -Papa Prell
 
Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers are given some leeway when it comes to this sort of thing. If they want to post news of a new release or special sale, it is alright so long as it is not overt and done for informational purposes.
 
Posts: 13005 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of cmcdjj37
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up and as an extra special x-mas present to myself I decided to get a box!
 
Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Save 10% on Legendary Lovecraft through Cyber-Monday

© Non-Sport Update 2013