Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Under the Dome

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/8457040276

August 04, 2014, 03:19 PM
Tommy C
Under the Dome
May be a tough set to find. I spoke to 3 big dealers who usually do ALL Rittenhouse and they told me that they're not buying the product--- no interest, they claim
August 04, 2014, 06:10 PM
rwn410
I can't say I'm at all familiar with this show either, but looking at the signer list I'll be very glad to get Jeff Fahey's autograph to fill a LOST gap, at least.
August 04, 2014, 06:54 PM
Scifi Cards
This is the first Rittenhouse set in forever that I'm passing on. 0 pre-orders. I might not be 'big' but that makes 4 of us.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 05, 2014, 09:09 PM
Raven
The show should have been wrapped up in the 13 episode run last summer as was originally planned. Trying to streach out the one-trick-pony plot for longer than that gets real silly, but that never stopped a TV network.

I would have zero interest in a card set.
August 05, 2014, 10:01 PM
chesspieceface
They should try REALLY hard to get a Stephen King incentive autograph card. That alone would sell the set.

August 05, 2014, 11:18 PM
Scifi_Collector
For me I love the show but I have lots of reservations for the trading card set. Its no reflection upon Rittenhouse Archives but the show in comparison is no "Lost". In Lost I needed ever autograph for everyone who signed for the set including the guy in the background. But in Under The Dome more than half the signers for the first season set have already been killed off.

And I agree with chessspieceface, A Stephen King incentive autograph would have been a game changer.
August 06, 2014, 01:22 AM
Scifi Cards
Sorry you have the incentive thing all wrong...

Stephen King IN BOXES would have helped this set.

If it were an incentive all it would do is make sure that too much was bought by too many people just to get the incentive. Box prices would plummet.

Of course, if it doesn't sell at all. Box prices will either go down or Rittenhouse will be sitting on a lot of it.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 06, 2014, 09:42 AM
Scifi_Collector
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Sorry you have the incentive thing all wrong...

Stephen King IN BOXES would have helped this set.

Ed

Yes you are definitely right. I took the word incentive as a chance to get a great autograph not a card where you have to purchase multiple cases to get.
August 06, 2014, 11:48 AM
David R
I have the promos P1, P2, P4

Probably will be tough to get p3 if no one carries the binder !
August 22, 2014, 10:50 AM
Neilsy
Is it just me or are some of these cards massively overpriced? Enjoy the show and was hoping to get a few of these, but wow those bin prices are huge.
Looks like I will have to settle for the base set for this one.
August 22, 2014, 11:20 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
Is it just me or are some of these cards massively overpriced? Enjoy the show and was hoping to get a few of these, but wow those bin prices are huge.
Looks like I will have to settle for the base set for this one.

Wait a few months and you will be picking up the majority of the autos for £5-£10 each. It's only just been released and sellers will always price high in the hope someone will bite and then gradually reduce the asking price over time.
September 04, 2014, 12:16 PM
Neilsy
Thanks to a UK dealer I managed to pick up the cards I wanted for a decent price.

I agree with others that the base set isnt the greatest, but loving the character card chase set and the costume cards Smile
September 14, 2014, 06:27 AM
ravenheart
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

Wait a few months and you will be picking up the majority of the autos for £5-£10 each.

I've been picking up several for less than that, unbelievably. My cheapest so far is £2.47.