August 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
H_Toser
Wacky Packages Posters Series 1
Here's a new product announcement from shopTopps.com:

Wacky Packages Posters Series 1

Should be a fun set!

August 15, 2012, 01:02 AM
Scifi Cards
I'm disappointed that Topps made this another Topps website exclusive.

There are collectors that don't shop online. That leaves the option of buying from a dealer or other reseller that paid full retail plus shipping in the first place.

I'm sure there will be more exclusives as the money is better for Topps. But, I am disappointed.

That said... This looks like a fun product, but I'd rather my posters be not folded, and I assume these will be or the packs will be HUGE.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 15, 2012, 02:42 PM
zoesfriend
I'm happy to hear about this set as I'm a big Wacky fan. I am torn in terms of the exclusivity of the set on Topps.com. I hope they've chosen the titles well (I know that's very subjective but I sometimes question Topps' choices with the titles that they've used) and don't fold the posters too much. The original Wacky posters were folded quite small. The Topps Movie Posters (from 1981 or so) were not folded nearly as small.

Overall, though, I do look forward to learning more about this set. Any chance NSU will do a story on it for next ish?
August 15, 2012, 10:47 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by zoesfriend:
I hope they've chosen the titles well and don't fold the posters too much.

Zoesfriend~ I found out from Topps that the posters will in fact be folded in the packs. Our contact said the approximate pack size will be 5 x 7 but again, this is an approximate size. Hope that helps.

As for an NSU article for the next issue, probably not. We just learned about the posters yesterday and they are already scheduled for release in late August. Our next issue (which we already have most of the editorial coverage done for) comes out in early or mid September, after the poster packs.

August 17, 2012, 06:40 AM
EriktheArchitect
12.5" x 18.5" poster folded to 5x7. Odd size for a poster. Too bad they don't make them 11 x 17 so that they could be easily framed. I love Wackys but will probably skip these.

8.5 x 11 sell sheet size would be even better than you could store them in pages with your other Wackys.

August 30, 2012, 02:10 PM
H_Toser
For any of you looking to buy these....I'm told sales will start this afternoon.