Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Rittenhouse Licenses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rittenhouse Licenses
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Just noticed 2 new entries in Rittenhouse's coming soon:

Foundation Seasons 1 & 2 (TBA)

Hunger Games Archives (TBA)

Both interesting choices. One being new, somewhat fringe, and definitely in RA's sci fi mold.

Hunger Games is a bit of a strange choice. I can only assume that they were able to secure some of the top talent, making a set (or two) worth doing from that standpoint.

Both are definitely 2025 (or later?) entries, but still an interesting pair of sets coming.

Ed

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5124 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
"Foundation" is an absolutely amazing show, easily one of the best series going, irrespective of genre. It's on Apple+, though, so not likely viewed nearly as much as shows on more popular platforms like NetFlix and Hulu. For that reason, it's a somewhat surprising choice for trading cards, despite its high quality.

Posts: 3372 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is awesome to see RA getting new licenses. They are easily the best manufacturer in my opinion.

Hunger Games could be really cool. Really hard to tell what the collector market is on that, but there are definitely some autographs I'd be chasing.

I've never head of Foundation -- don't have Apple+.

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
The potential for Hunger Games to bring a knock out punch to cards never been signed before is crazy. Not to mention very cool imagery that can be brought to the entire set in general. Just a few I can think of....

Jennifer Lawrence
Josh Hutcherson
Liam Hemsworth
Paula Malcomson
Woody Harrelson
Lenny Kravitz
Jack Quaid
Julianne Moore
Jena Malone

I do realize some of these were in the NECA set which couldn't even be bothered to make a proper autograph card for signatures. There is very little eye appeal to them. We know RA will provide a quality which will far surpass.

Would also be nice to see some more Tucci sigs in the market.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't been interested in much non-sport lately but Hunger Games definitely caught my attention. 10+ years ago I was a big fan of the movies and the books, and hunting those NECA autographs became an obsession of mine for a few years. I think there will definitely be a market for these, as the NECA autographs sell big when they turn up at all. So I think there will be a carry over there. Plus Rittenhouse's versions will be more desirable because of their brand recognition and quality. And I have to believe that they think Jennifer Lawrence is going to sign or else I don't think they would have went after this. Interesting to see how it develops but it may be quite a long wait.

Posts: 2148 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely be interested in a Jennifer Lawrence autograph. I hope they can get her to sign.

Rittenhouse in my opinion makes the best products with the best designs.

The Walmart Neca release was kind of interesting, but it's impossible to find. I won a Foxface autograph on eBay, then bought a bunch of packs and pulled another Foxface auto.

Recently a couple of the Walmart autos were on eBay -- Peeta and Rue, those were the first autos I'd seen from that set in a very long time.

Looking forward to more info on this one.

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Really happy to see they have picked up Foundation. Such a great show. Hopefully they can get Lee Pace to sign.

AppleTV has a lot of great shows. I hope they look at picking up For All Mankind, Silo and Severance as well.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post