Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2024 Leaf Metal Blue Mountain State Trading Card Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2024 Leaf Metal Blue Mountain State Trading Card Set
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
With Marvel and Star Wars out of reach, I at least want to let everyone know about new sets coming out that your Friendly Dealer™ Wavey might have in stock.

This is one I've never heard of before, but there are some interesting names attached.

quote:
2024 Leaf Metal Blue Mountain State Trading Cards delivers (1) Autographed Card and (4) Base Cards in Every Box!

Introducing the 2024 Leaf Blue Mountain State the first-ever officially licensed trading card set from the cult classic show featuring top cast members and personalities, most, making their trading card debut!

Configuration: 10 boxes/5 cards
2024 Leaf Metal Blue Mountain State Trading Cards Box Break:
(1) Autographed Card #'d to 50 or less
(4) Base Cards #'d to 50 or less

2024 Leaf Metal Blue Mountain State Trading Cards Product Highlights:

This collection features incredible inscriptions and die-cuts highlighting iconic moments from the series. Each card is #'d to 50 or less, with most cards being #'d to 10 or less, making this product extremely rare and highly coveted.

This product is packed with never-before-seen inserts and incredible images from the show.

Look out for stunning multi-signed cards, including autographs from Hall of Famers who made memorable appearances on the show. This collection brings your dream cards to life!

This set features top cast members and personalities, most, making their trading card debut, including:
Alan Ritchson
Chris Romano
Darin Brooks
Denise Richards
Ed Marinaro
Frankie Shaw
Page Kennedy
Rob Ramsay
Sam Jones III

Set collectors will be hard pressed to put this one together, with base cards numbered to 50.

I get that this is mostly a vehicle for autographs, but it looks interesting.

Look for retail pricing to be in the $115-120 range.

Ed

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5124 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. . .

One the one hand I love to see Leaf move back into licensed entertainment product. On the other hand this is a 10+ year old show I've never even heard of. . . but there are some interesting autographs.

Ultimately any new entertainment product is a positive so I hope it does well.

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$115 for 5 cards? Wow.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
$115 for 5 cards? Wow.

True, but 1 is an autograph and all the cards are numbered. . .

Numbered cards shouldn't make a difference in my opinion then again numbered cards from Zerocools Dune set sell for shockingly high amounts IMHO.

Ultimately I think sets need to do huge volume in order to make them inexpensive. . . I don't think this one is going to do a lot of volume so it seems that we are stuck here. *sigh*

Posts: 5472 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had to look up if this was a series, movie... Good to know they're looking at licensing, I guess.

Posts: 1584 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

True, but 1 is an autograph and all the cards are numbered. . .

Most signatures are from people I'm not familiar with at all, and the rest of the cards are artificially scarce.

This does not represent good value.

(and why is Denise Richards, age 53, dressed as a college cheerleader?)

Posts: 2295 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is that one of the Top 10 fantasies floating out in some internet poll? Doesn't every movie start out as a one-sentence pitch like that in a studio executive meeting. My question is, "Who greenlit Jaws 4, the one where the giant shark somehow follows a plane from the New England coast to the Bahamas to avenge the deaths of the sharks killed in Jaws 1-3?"

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
(and why is Denise Richards, age 53, dressed as a college cheerleader?)

Posts: 4588 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
"Who greenlit Jaws 4, the one where the giant shark somehow follows a plane from the New England coast to the Bahamas to avenge the deaths of the sharks killed in Jaws 1-3?"

And why isn't Denise Richards in it, wearing a cheerleader outfit?

posted Hide Post
The Dune cards are also 'artificially scarce,' but that doesn't stop people from spending hundreds of dollars on them.

Numbered base cards appeal to certain collectors -- typically ones who came from sports card collecting, which sort of fits at this as Blue Mountain is a sports comedy, and one of the signers is a former NFL player.

I don't like the $115 price point either, but it is the current state of the hobby.

I asked Grok about these signers:
Alan Ritchson: Best known for playing Jack Reacher in "Reacher," Aquaman in "Smallville," and Raphael in the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" films.

Chris Romano: While "Blue Mountain State" remains his most notable work, he has continued with various projects but hasn't achieved a similar level of recognition outside of this series.

Darin Brooks: Similarly, his most recognized work outside of "Blue Mountain State" includes smaller roles, but nothing that has matched the fame from the series.

Denise Richards: Known for movies like "Wild Things," "The World Is Not Enough," and her reality TV appearances, notably on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills."

Ed Marinaro: His football career and role in "Hill Street Blues" are more notable than "Blue Mountain State."

Frankie Shaw: Best known for her work on "SMILF."

Page Kennedy: Although known for "Blue Mountain State," he's also recognized for his stand-up comedy and various minor roles in films and TV.

Rob Ramsay: His role in "Blue Mountain State" remains his most notable, with other minor projects but no standout fame outside of the series.

Sam Jones III: Now recognized for playing Pete Ross in "Smallville" which was a significant role in his career, especially in the context of superhero TV series. His return in a later episode and the character's development added a memorable twist to his tenure on the show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ed, check your e-mails!

Posts: 2513 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm torn. More non-sports sets should always be applauded but these are Leaf cards so they're ugly and the price is absurd.

Posts: 70 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post