Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Saluting Breygent
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saluting Breygent
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
From my side of things as one of the artists on some of the sets Tom is the same way. Full of info and constant reminders and updates.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like Breygent too, but it's SO difficult trying to track down all those promo cards! (Yeah yeah, it's also kind of fun)

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I use to collect and really like to see new sets as I never get bored with new trading cards.I like coming up with new ideas and seeing what others like to collect.I love to build non sport sets so it is like collecting to me in my own way.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
I use to collect and really like to see new sets as I never get bored with new trading cards.I like coming up with new ideas and seeing what others like to collect.I love to build non sport sets so it is like collecting to me in my own way.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. Glad to know that you are having fun, too. I sincerely hope you have at least half as much fun building the sets as the wife and I do opening and collecting them.

Now, where are we on a Princess Bride set? Big Grin

Seriously, I think you are the only company that could do that set justice.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:

Now, where are we on a Princess Bride set? Big Grin

Seriously, I think you are the only company that could do that set justice.

I second this, I think it's sad it didn't even get a set back when it was released. I'd love to see one done now Angel Luv You

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree with everything said
no one else responds to emails faster then Tom

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
I remember doing Wizard of Oz series 2 by Breygent and you were suposed to get a sketch in each box, 2 boxes did not have any sketches so I sent an email to Breygent and thought they would do a topps special and say not much we can do......
Tom responded in a prompt manner and went the distance, not only did I get my 2 sketches that were missing, he threw in other stuff aswell Smile Smile Smile Smile
Thanks for caring about your customers Tom

KADRAN00157

He did that for me once too. Got a dud box of Sci Fi Posters and he sent me a really nice sketch plus an autograph.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On top of all these positives, The card stock that Breygent uses for their sketch cards is excellent!

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chris meeks:
On top of all these positives, The card stock that Breygent uses for their sketch cards is excellent!

This is possibly one of the most important points to be made here. The card stock has always been one of the reasons I enjoy their sets. I can tell blindfolded when I have a Breygent card in my hand versus any other manufacturer. I won't name any others because their cards are fine, but I will say that there is a distinct difference. One which I value.

I have occasionally wished that multiple companies could produce a set for the same subject at the same time. I primarily wish this so I could choose the Breygent product over the other solely on quality. It's hard for others companies to see that they aren't producing what the customer wants when there is no direct competition for their product since a lot of people (myself included) will buy a product because of the subject knowing they will be disappointed with the production quality.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
In a quick page, Tom is shown to be a reliable distributor and innovative manufacturer who releases set after set on high quality card stock in limited editions at excellent prices. (Ok, I may have just added a bit of that to the page, but I wouldn't expect much disagreement).

Additionally, he is known to be extremely fair with the artists of his sketch cards and himself knows what it's like to be a collector. I'll never forget being emailed by Tom a few years back and asked if I thought "Dexter" would make a good set, and if I'd seen the show which was only in the 2nd season or so. I think Tom said he hadn't seen any of it at that time.
"Yep, it would make a good set", I said (in a few more words than that, as I am known).

Years later, I have three different "Dexter" sets (and counting) of those very cards which are as well made as any other TV series "season" set from any manufacturer ever, with autographs of all the biggest stars, an enormous array of authentic costumes and props, and even sketch cards of characters when it's often difficult to get those kinds of rights for cards (see "Game of Thrones")

The praise, she is effusive, but here's another feather in his cap where I am concerned:
I adore the Happy Days set he did in conjunction with Comic Images back in the 1990s. In the days where pack issued celebrity autograph cards were fairly non-existent, that set boasted no less than Marion "Mrs. C" Cunningham and Henry Winkler, the "Fonz" himself. How I cherish those cards and the fantastic binder they made for it. It's my understanding that set didn't exactly move anyone to the next tax bracket, which is unfortunate, because you get the sense the rest of the cast members including Ron Howard might have signed for a second set, had the first sold better.

And yet, every single high quality effort a card maker produces, even if not commercially successful, still adds to the strength of that company going forward in the minds of discriminating collectors, that lifelong bunch, a small but reliable purchasing block.

Breygent's reputation for quality and value lets the collector know, whatever the subject, the cards will be (importantly) well-made and (more importantly) well-considered.

I've been pleased to shake the man's hand a couple of times at Comic-Con (where East meets West, truly), and my temperament is pretty much the same as when I see an artist or writer that I like there. In the case of trading cards, how can I not appreciate the people who actually make this thing I can't remember NOT liking, and some of the very best of it there is, at that?

I don't think it can be overstated what people like Tom, Steve Charendoff and his team at Rittenhouse, and the non-sports folks at Topps mean to the hobby, along with others, I'm sure, who are working hard every day to make cards even happen in an increasingly paperless world. These are leaner times for cards, and it requires dedicated people to do a lot more, sometimes with less. To put out the kinds of sets we've seen from Breygent over these last 10 years, so consistently excellent in content and form, shows it can be no accident, it's just hard work. My sincere thanks to all involved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
It's nice to see a card manufacturer keeping their customers informed as to what is happening with future releases. Tom seems to go the extra 2 miles to keep us updated on this site as well as Face Book and else where.

Some of the older card companies should take a leaf out of Tom's book and start updating us better. It feels like they don't care as their product will sell out anyway so why bother.

Most of the other manufacturers seem to rely on others to promote their product.

Thanks for the effort Tom.

Is this a RUMOR? It sounds like old NEWS. Wink

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just got to add from an artist view Tom is a class act to deal with. Treats his artists great, has wonderful card stock and his communication level is beyond measure!

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We very much enjoy working with Tom and company as well! Tom might be a man of a few words on the keyboard but you always get an answer and a lightening-fast one at that. Everyone at Breygent has supported what we do here at NSU, for both the magazine and the Philly Show, since the company's inception (in 2005, I believe??) and also, with their involvement in other companies prior to that. Tom is the man!! Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since Tom and Company are so great and in honor of the american horror story preview set being released i will be giving away an Evan Peters as Tate Langdon Autograph Card # /150
to one random person see the other thread for more info

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post