Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    EGS Art Studio: Sexy Warriors Sketch Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
EGS Art Studio: Sexy Warriors Sketch Cards
 Login/Join
 
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
I saw this posted on Facebook last night:

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...rriors-sketch-cards/



It reminds me of some of the early sketch sets that I really enjoyed collecting.

The art looks fantastic.

My order is in -- can't wait to see what I get.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Exclusive promo pack as soon as I saw it and got the last of the original 10 available . Edward added another 5 and those lasted less than a day .

Once you have backed the project if you want more sketches just contact Edward via his Facebook page and he can reserve you some more ( I ordered two deluxe packs Smile ) .

The previews on Facebook look fantastic and there are a number of artists new to me whose art is high level .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$ 239 for the promo pack !
 
Posts: 4037 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The $239 tier is great! 10 sketch cards plus base card art!

I actually messaged directly on Facebook and was able to order directly without ordering on Kickstarter first.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set has an Axebone look to it Smile Sadly, no trading card funds available right now so I will have to pass. The promo pack would have been my target anyway and they've all gone.
 
Posts: 1532 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just a couple of days left on the kickstarter -- all of the previews they've posted look really good.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone get tracking for their Sexy Warriors order?
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Did anyone get tracking for their Sexy Warriors order?


Nothing yet . The next release Sexy Maids is due to be on sale today , maybe they are trying to do too many things at the same time , a common error for companies to make early on .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Did anyone get tracking for their Sexy Warriors order?


Nothing yet . The next release Sexy Maids is due to be on sale today , maybe they are trying to do too many things at the same time , a common error for companies to make early on .


I messaged them on Facebook and they said I should have a tracking number anytime now.

I'm not clear on if my order has shipped or not, but at least they are responsive.

I find it's a curious strategy to solicit orders for your 2nd set when no one has seen the first set yet. Reminds me of the last boom of sketch based sets -- and not in a good way.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Did anyone get tracking for their Sexy Warriors order?


Nothing yet . The next release Sexy Maids is due to be on sale today , maybe they are trying to do too many things at the same time , a common error for companies to make early on .


I messaged them on Facebook and they said I should have a tracking number anytime now.

I'm not clear on if my order has shipped or not, but at least they are responsive.

I find it's a curious strategy to solicit orders for your 2nd set when no one has seen the first set yet. Reminds me of the last boom of sketch based sets -- and not in a good way.


It's why , although I like the look of the second set , I am not ordering until I have the first set delivered and I can check the quality . Everything looks good but until you have them in hand you just can't be sure ( plus they have upped the prices by about 20% Frown ) .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's why , although I like the look of the second set , I am not ordering until I have the first set delivered and I can check the quality . Everything looks good but until you have them in hand you just can't be sure ( plus they have upped the prices by about 20% Frown ) .


Same -- I'm also not ordering until I get the first set in hand.

Also not only did they raise prices, but they also reduced the number of sketches in most of the levels.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received my tracking info today.

Unfortunately the shipping address they used for me is off -- when they printed it the last part of the street address wound up on the 3rd line in front of the City. . .

i.e. instead of
123 Main Street
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

It is:
123 Main
Street Beverly Hills, CA 90210

The zip code is correct so I hope it arrives, but I'm not sure.

Also -- pro tip -- If you are trying to track your package on the PHL Post website you need to include the preceding and ending letters and remove all spaces.

The tracking sticker said RR ### ### ### PH
To track I needed to use RR#########PH
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A dealer who I know received these cards and it came with a 2023 promo card for a set called Sexy Mecha
 
Posts: 4037 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sexy Mecha could be interesting.

That reminds me my Sexy Warriors order is MIA.

Last scanned in the Philippines on 3/2.

Seeing the push for Sexy Maids while it seems many people still haven't received Sexy Warriors is tough to watch.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Sexy Mecha could be interesting.

That reminds me my Sexy Warriors order is MIA.

Last scanned in the Philippines on 3/2.

Seeing the push for Sexy Maids while it seems many people still haven't received Sexy Warriors is tough to watch.


Same with me , left the Phillipines on 3/2 and no update since Frown . I have never ordered anything from that country before so hard to know how long it should take .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Sexy Mecha could be interesting.

That reminds me my Sexy Warriors order is MIA.

Last scanned in the Philippines on 3/2.

Seeing the push for Sexy Maids while it seems many people still haven't received Sexy Warriors is tough to watch.


Same with me , left the Phillipines on 3/2 and no update since Frown . I have never ordered anything from that country before so hard to know how long it should take .


I've asked ESG a few times how long it should take to get to the US and I haven't been able to get an answer.

I'm sure it depends on how it was shipped, but I can't get that info either. Very discouraging.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Mine was sent with signature confirmation, but no indication of a "service type".

Mine was mailed Feb 27 and arrived March 8.

So, it took them a bit to get it out the door, but rather quick service for delivery.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 5088 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Mine was mailed Feb 27 and arrived March 8.


Thanks for the info Ed, helps with perspective.

Yours took 8 days.

Mine shipped 16 days ago. Yikes.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone else have any luck?

My package is not showing up in Informed Delivery, has not been delivered and hasn't been updated on the phlpost site since 3/2.

The worst part is that I can't get any information out of EGS -- simple questions like: Is the package insured? Is signature required? How long should it take? They just flat out ignore my questions. I've been repeatedly told that they'll get an update 'today,' but then I don't get an update.

I really don't want to have to do this, but I'm about at the point of filing a Paypal dispute. If this was a small order I'd be less concerned, but I went big with my order.
 
Posts: 5429 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that the time since last update makes it pretty clear that the level of service only covers tracking until leaving The Philippines and a delivery confirmation .

It is entirely possible ( even probable having had bad experiences recently with Royal Mail here in the UK and the Chicago facility in the USA ) that the packages are sitting in limbo in a facility waiting to be processed but without full tracking it's impossible to know .

I reckon the cards will arrive eventually , it's just a new company having problems that hopefully they can sort out for future releases .

I do think they should have took care of this release fully before doing a second release , that was just too ambitious for a new company with no experience of producing cards .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    EGS Art Studio: Sexy Warriors Sketch Cards

© Non-Sport Update 2013