Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Umbrella Academy Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Umbrella Academy Season 1 (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's kind of poor of RA in my opinion. They had the traditional product. Then they made an autograph expansion set. which typically is regarded as the wrap up signed cards from a title that isn't going to have another set. That would seem especially appropriate here, when the show is ending, and the main star doesn't seem to be signing anymore.

Now comes The Umbrella Academy 2024 Autograph Expansion Series 2, right on the heels of The Umbrella Academy 2024 Autograph Expansion.

Well, you wouldn't expect that the number of signed cards made would double again immediately, but if that was going to be the case, how come RA didn't call it 2024 Autograph Expansion Series 1? Then buyers would have at least known that there would be a Series 2 in the wings at some point. You think they just forgot to include it the first time. Big Grin

These Series 2 packs have a total of 4 fewer cards, 2 less per pack. I think it still depends on fans of the show, as I don't see much of a crossover temptation without the value of a Page.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
To be fair, as a set that covers the main cast it is aces. Instead of releasing extra cards like this I wonder what RA could do with something like a catalog Archive release? Something like Topps 75th Anniversary

Would have loved to of seen
Adam Godley
Kate Walsh
Mary Blige
Couple of Guests such as
David Cross
Nick Offerman
Megan Mullaly

A Gerard Way would have been big.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for fans of the show. This is the same thing that RA did with "Lost in Space" and the "The Orville", only there are more cards here and "The Orville" had a big signer, who it turned out had a problem actually signing. Big Grin

But if you went in for both packs, in both "Umbrella Academy" expansion sets, you spent $1,200 with seemingly no discounts. Now that comes out to 56 autograph cards at $21.43 each, which sounds like a pretty good deal. However realistically a good portion of those autograph cards may just as well wind up in $5 boxes if they were busted up and I don't know that you could get enough from the top cards to cover the cost by themselves.

So to me this is sold all together to a fan or there is little interest in it. Which is probably at least one of the reasons why RA decided to go this route.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yup and considering it is a show on its way out long term value will depend on future projects and their popularity.

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post