Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
The Man Who Fell to Earth

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/5367099336

January 12, 2016, 12:34 PM
Raven
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Bowie's autograph cards from TMWFTE were fairly limited, maybe 50 each I think, and they have jumped tremendously in price. That is the ghoul factor. He didn't have any other certified autograph cards that I know of, so I think there's a good chance that these cards will disappear soon. Sellers now will probably take best offers, not as high, but still a good profit from what they paid. Buyers are now purchasing at peak, so you had better be fans because you are not going to be making any money later on. Once these fall to a fan they are not going to resurface soon, which is why I think the cards will be very hard to find later on.

What people have to worry about is not the certified cards, but the slew of fakes that are showing up. Bowie signed before for books and photos, so I'm sure there are genuine in person signatures out there, but the number of fakes has just jumped about 1000% Big Grin , so buyer beware.

I have always said that if you didn't need someone's autograph in their lifetime, you shouldn't want it after they die.
January 12, 2016, 12:38 PM
Tommy C
Yes, I believe that only 100 autos total were made, 50 of each type

And I see that people are asking big bucks for sealed boxes of TMWFTE, saying that there might be a Bowie auto inside
January 12, 2016, 02:28 PM
monkeyafterdark
Good thing that I had one of both versions in the boxes that I bought upon release.
I was more than excited to find it and will hold on to it for as long as I can.
January 12, 2016, 04:28 PM
webjon
Where are you guys seeing Bowie autos from this set for sale? I've been looking on eBay for months, but haven't seen one listed in a long time.
January 12, 2016, 04:33 PM
Raven
I saw three on eBay today, BINs $1,499 and up. Go for it. Big Grin Eek

Ahh, one left in a master set now, but I saw two singles with best offers this morning, I swear. Big Grin