jadams
quote:
Originally posted by Rustygilligan:
quote:
Rusty Gilligan - 15

I actually did more cards than 15...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

that actually explains alot.

Now I know what prompted your facebook post. Sour grapes possibly clouded your judgement, yes?
February 01, 2012, 08:10 AM
Pumpkindiver
I just pulled a B-4 Signature card signed by Kubert, Green and Hanna. Any idea what these are going for? I'm trying to decide whether to keep this amazing looking card or move it on for something else and I can't find any record of one being found, let alone sold.

May 23, 2012, 05:43 PM
Tattoox
Has there been a delay with Series 2?

May 23, 2012, 07:31 PM
Batman
My dealer gave me a date of June 5th.

June 23, 2012, 04:23 PM
allender
I'm going to scream if I see one more card giving artist credit to creators John Bryne, Paul Rienman, or Rob Liefield. Arrrgh.
June 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
goldenavenger
Are you saying the cards are giving credit to another artist that, lets say, John Bryne did the work for?
Or are they giving credit to Bryne, Liefeld and Rienman to more things than they should be? I didn't buy MB2 so I can't look it up.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
June 24, 2012, 10:15 AM
Raj
When an artist re-creates (copies) work by somebody they credit the original artist - usually with an 'after...'.
That's what usually happens with cover re-creations and the like.
June 24, 2012, 08:54 PM
allender
quote:
Originally posted by goldenavenger:
Are you saying the cards are giving credit to another artist that, lets say, John Bryne did the work for?
Or are they giving credit to Bryne, Liefeld and Rienman to more things than they should be? I didn't buy MB2 so I can't look it up.

No, I was just obsessing about how a couple of dozen cards managed to misspell the names of the artists. (Of course, they aren't very challenged to spell Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.)
June 25, 2012, 05:53 AM
goldenavenger
I agree, they should not be misspelling the artists names that often....especially well known ones like you posted. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goldenavenger,

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
June 26, 2012, 06:58 AM
allender
At times I've been tempted to volunteer to be a proofreader, but I'm not sure people pay much attention to the text on card backs any more.

I try to include artist credits in the checklists whenever I see them on the cards. It helps to pad the index in the Encyclopedia. Wave
June 27, 2012, 03:10 AM
Tattoox
I've seen one company give credit to the wrong artist. And another one name the characters wrong. Maybe, if you don't know what you're marketing, maybe you shouldn't be marketing it.