Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Blakes 7
 Login/Join
 
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Going straight for release. It's taken a long time to get approvals so as soon as the cards are printed I'll be getting them signed and we'll be getting the product straight out.
 
Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Website is now live for preorders of Blakes 7!
 
Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Awesome news!

Cheers Pete

____________________
Looking for Non Sport Autographed cards and Memorabilia cards from TV/Movie shows.
 
Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Got mine!

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
 
Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Order placed
 
Posts: 12172 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Now just been offered boxes by a dealer at £10 less than web-site price Shake Head
 
Posts: 12172 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Now just been offered boxes by a dealer at £10 less than web-site price Shake Head

If the dealer in question is the same one I received a mailout from a couple of days back I contacted Jason about it as even based on his single box price and adding P&P a case from this dealer would be approx. £50 cheaper than what I've paid directly to Jason. Basically he said that whilst the dealers are encouraged to sell at RRP ultimately it's down to the individual and that some dealers prefer to sell the product cheaply and make their profit on the multi-case incentives. It just strikes me as madness that I would've been better off going to a dealer than buying directly with the company producing the cards. As I'm very interested in the forthcoming Wicker Man/Avengers/Dalek releases from Unstoppable I might be better off waiting to see what this dealer is offering them for instead of rushing to put my order in with Jason!
 
Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IanG:

It just strikes me as madness that I would've been better off going to a dealer than buying directly with the company producing the cards.



This has to be the case or no dealer would ever buy any cards from the Manufacturer.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by IanG:

It just strikes me as madness that I would've been better off going to a dealer than buying directly with the company producing the cards.




This has to be the case or no dealer would ever buy any cards from the Manufacturer.

The point I was trying to make, badly it seems, is that I wouldn't have expected a dealer to be offering a much better price than the actual company that are releasing the product which is what appears to be happening in this case.
 
Posts: 11 | Location: England | Registered: July 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Unstoppable are including the worldwide shipping in the price, many trading Cardtalkers will tell you that (nowadays) this is a huge chunk of money. They are also including exclusive web promo cards which people like to collect. (Dealers usually charge for promo cards, especially limited ones.)
 
Posts: 1119 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IanG:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by IanG:

It just strikes me as madness that I would've been better off going to a dealer than buying directly with the company producing the cards.




This has to be the case or no dealer would ever buy any cards from the Manufacturer.

The point I was trying to make, badly it seems, is that I wouldn't have expected a dealer to be offering a much better price than the actual company that are releasing the product which is what appears to be happening in this case.


Actually that is generally the norm. If you look at Rittenhouse for example their website box price is much higher than what a dealer will sell it to you for. The same is true for all the big companies that sell the products they make, some do not sell direct at all.

Basically if you buy from the manufacturers website you are buying retail, dealers buy wholesale in bulk and get a discount.
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Actually that is generally the norm. If you look at Rittenhouse for example their website box price is much higher than what a dealer will sell it to you for. The same is true for all the big companies that sell the products they make, some do not sell direct at all.

Basically if you buy from the manufacturers website you are buying retail, dealers buy wholesale in bulk and get a discount.


Suggested Retail Price cuts both ways. I buy boxes from one source and on almost all products I get boxes at around $10 less than SRP. I must assume that my dealer is still making a profit over what he paid for them, as he is not going to lose money on me. Wink

On the other hand if the product is very hot, like Walking Dead or Big Bang, I would be very lucky to pay only SRP. They are getting marked up immediately and there is no buying direct from Crypto.

So you have to go by the popularity of the product and also your own relationship to the source. Most of the time you will get a better deal than retail from any trusted dealer. However if you think the product will take off after release and you can buy direct from the manufacturer before, or you think it will sell out quickly, than and only than is locking in at SRP a good idea. Or else you might be left waiting for your dealer to give you a mark down on boxes that have already gone up or can no longer be obtained.
 
Posts: 10499 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Actually that is generally the norm. If you look at Rittenhouse for example their website box price is much higher than what a dealer will sell it to you for. The same is true for all the big companies that sell the products they make, some do not sell direct at all.

Basically if you buy from the manufacturers website you are buying retail, dealers buy wholesale in bulk and get a discount.


Suggested Retail Price cuts both ways. I buy boxes from one source and on almost all products I get boxes at around $10 less than SRP. I must assume that my dealer is still making a profit over what he paid for them, as he is not going to lose money on me. Wink

On the other hand if the product is very hot, like Walking Dead or Big Bang, I would be very lucky to pay only SRP. They are getting marked up immediately and there is no buying direct from Crypto.

So you have to go by the popularity of the product and also your own relationship to the source. Most of the time you will get a better deal than retail from any trusted dealer. However if you think the product will take off after release and you can buy direct from the manufacturer before, or you think it will sell out quickly, than and only than is locking in at SRP a good idea. Or else you might be left waiting for your dealer to give you a mark down on boxes that have already gone up or can no longer be obtained.


Just as a coda to the many different prices a case could be bought for one dealer at the NEC yesterday was selling cases for £350 Eek .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many different NEW promo cards are there ? Looking at ebay auctions, I see

Applecards guy with flashlight
Applecards woman (back mentions audio books)
NS1 promo
Card Trove promo
Premiere Card promo PT1
 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
talked to several at the nec ,they were not to pleased at getting redemption cards ,they weren't able to sell them as a lot of people don't trust redemptions.
 
Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There are no redemption cards in the boxes, we generously gave all case buyers a total of 5 case topper cards.
 
Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
There are no redemption cards in the boxes, we generously gave all case buyers a total of 5 case topper cards.


Am I correct that, while there aren't any redemption cards in the boxes, there ARE redemption cards? Like the case topper Servalan costume card redemption.
 
Posts: 3259 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:
There are no redemption cards in the boxes, we generously gave all case buyers a total of 5 case topper cards.


Am I correct that, while there aren't any redemption cards in the boxes, there ARE redemption cards? Like the case topper Servalan costume card redemption.


The five redemption cards I got with my case were :

Jacqueline Pearce auto.
Servalan costume.
Jacqueline Pearce/Stephen Grief dual auto.
Brian Blessed auto.
Sketch card.

I also had a printing plate in the pack Thumb Up .
 
Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
was there a binder?

____________________
How many cards do you have in your collection?:

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.
 
Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richnet:
was there a binder?


No, as far as I am aware UK manufacturers do not make binders for their products but this may change in the near future.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
 
Posts: 29016 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013