Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/3017081576

March 17, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Topps is planning for two series. First (December release) will focus on characters and some of story. Second will be plot-based.

Autographs, sketch cards, medallions, foils and stickers among the inserts.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
March 18, 2015, 12:53 AM
Obi Wan Chrisobi
I'd expect the sets to be handled the way they did the Lord of the Rings sets with the first set using a lot of the imagery from the trailers and publicity materials while the second would have a lot of the spoiler type stuff from the actual film.

March 18, 2015, 08:07 AM
Jason00
Other than the 4 boxes of Game of Thrones 4 I bought with my tax refund, I am not buying anything else this year in order to save my entire card budget for this (assuming autographs are seeded at a reasonable rate and not something like 2:case).

Topps gets a lot of criticism (well deserved at times) but those LOTR sets are the pinnacle of non-sport to me, and I think the Star Wars Evolution sets are also among the best sets ever made -- when they want to they can make amazing sets, and I can't see why they wouldn't want to with Episode VII.

March 19, 2015, 03:57 PM
JR2D2
This seems rather different to the way they handled the prequel sets. I have too say I long to go back to those days for Star Wars sets, these are after all this is new material they are producing a set for and not sets after the fact like the more recent sets that focus more on premium inserts.

These are the sets I would like to see (obviously released a few months apart):

ONE standard set, similar in chase card make to ROTS without the gimicky parallel and high end stuff.
A Widevsion set, again using ROTS as the holy grail.
A 3D factory set much like the recent ROTJ set.

The Rebels set recently released did a top job of producing a set in new material and resisted going too far with the inserts. Albeit this was set with kids in mind it would work great for the TFA set with a few extra chase sets of the non hit variety.