Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Card Stain-- How to Get Off ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9397019916

May 08, 2012, 01:45 PM
Tommy C
Card Stain-- How to Get Off ?
My 4 year old drew on one of my old Buffy pieceworks cards with a Sharpie-like marker. How do I get it off ? Does rubbing alcohol work ? Won't alcohol damage the card and cause it to smell ?

The card is worth about $20, but I'd rather not spend the money and buy a new one
May 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
wolfie
Time to get a new 4 year old. Big Grin

May 08, 2012, 02:48 PM
igman7
You know, they call it a permanent marker for a reason. Razz

Chalk that one up to a learning experience.

May 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
BILLZEE
I hear that there is a chemical solvent that removes sharpie marker from modern UV coated cards.

Theres a guy in DFW that attends BenchWarmer events and routinely removes the personalized name from signed event cards.
He traded me a few... When I figured out what he was doing, I asked that he trade me only unaltered cards in the future.

AnywayZ, its possible to remove that marker stain but I don't know any specifics about the process myself...
May 08, 2012, 04:07 PM
webjon
There are solvents that will work, but I'd try it on a base card first. . . good luck!
May 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
David R
Tommy, my wife and I have one of those boards in our kitchen where we write down appointments and other reminders. It comes with a black marker that you can't erase by hand. We use rubbing alcohol, but I don't know if that would work on cards. Anyone know ?
May 08, 2012, 10:46 PM
Doc Floyd
I have no idea if this works or not, but I recall having this bookmarked:

http://www.tuffstuff.com/featu...autograph-collectors

Or just do a Google search for "Prismacolor Colorless Two Tip Blender Pen"

Hope that helps you out.