Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Who here owns the 1962 mars Attack set?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/8117061295

September 10, 2011, 08:39 AM
ifish73
Who here owns the 1962 mars Attack set?
It's funny you posted this because I just started tracking the 62 MA cards because I want to try and put the set together someday. Most of the cards are graded and PSA7 commons were ending at $75-$80 average and there was one or two PSA8 that were like $200-$300. There was also a few ungraded that looked around PSA5-6 grade that went for $10-$25. Just like mentioned above with vintage baseball cards I think these are going to hold their current selling value. My only concern is if these were ever counterfeited. That is what kept me from going after the two ungraded ones that just ended.
September 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
ceas
These cards came from the original owner who put the set together in 1962 when the cards were released, I have scans of each card, they are authentic.
September 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by ceas:
These cards came from the original owner who put the set together in 1962 when the cards were released, I have scans of each card, they are authentic.

I wasn't questioning if your cards were genuine, only if there were counterfeit cards out there of this set. That is why I would not purchase a vintage sports card not graded. Way too many fakes out there to take the chance.

And I am very jealous of you for having a complete set of this!
September 11, 2011, 11:28 AM
ceas
I will be happy to send you scan of the cards if you like, just provide me with an email addy and I will get them to you, there are seven nine pocket pages they are kept in and I just scanned the pages.
October 08, 2011, 10:21 PM
zhamlau
It's on my "to do" list when I am truly rich. The issue is some of those cards in decent grade command thousands of dollars each like #1 and #18. Others can be had for only 100 or less each depending. Id love to have a nice graded 7+ set.

November 02, 2011, 07:57 PM
monsterwax
I have the sets, but I don't keep them at home out of fear of theft. I only keep the Topps reprint where scum bags can steal it. Oddly enough, I rarely look at the reprint. I prefer the original series, despite it being so inconvenient to access!

I don't personally think this series was near as scarce as people say it is. A lot of people have it, even folks who don't usually collect cards have it. But it's a little like the 1939 "War of the Worlds" broadcast that people keep saying everyone believed was real, when in fact, only about 1.3 million fell for it. But it makes such a good tale, the myth persists!

Ironically, both the radio broadcast and the card set were spin offs of the same story by H.G. Wells, a tale that truly was out of this world!