Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Planet of the Apes movie Auto Question

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7747028006

March 23, 2011, 06:25 PM
Craig
Planet of the Apes movie Auto Question
Hi all-

I recently picked up a David Warner auto from a very reliable ebay seller, but when the card arrived it looked a little fishy. The finish is dull, like a color xerox, and doesn't match the surfaces of the other autos I have from the set, which are all nice and glossy.

I know it's possible Topps added Warner to the line up late and had to print this card differently than the others, but I'm worried it may be a fake. Does anyone have the Warner as well as other POTA autos they can compare it to?

Thanks for any insight!
March 23, 2011, 06:58 PM
cheifbrody
hi,i can t really help but i got one box of this set when it came out and pulled the david warner auto in the very first pack and i must say it is very genuine,can you put up the image to compare ?
March 23, 2011, 08:13 PM
Craig
Here are scans of the front/back

March 23, 2011, 08:28 PM
cheifbrody
hi craig,i m at work now but when i get home i ll check my auto and describe it (if no one else does first)i did only get one box so have no other to compare mine with.
March 23, 2011, 08:33 PM
Craig
Thanks for any tips.

Visually it looks OK- it's just very obviously not printed like the other POTA autos that I have, and that's what concerns me...
March 23, 2011, 11:05 PM
archifou
He returned the cards later so Topps didn't have the time to coated them for the release. Mine is the same as above. No gloss finish on the surface and got the card when the set came out.
March 24, 2011, 05:48 AM
cardaddict
To second archifou, mine is the same, no gloss, looks just like the one pictured, and I also bought (or pulled it, I don't remember) when the set was first released.
March 24, 2011, 05:58 AM
Craig
Thanks guys- that put my mind at ease!
March 24, 2011, 11:19 AM
cheifbrody
yep,i checked mine and it has that non gloss look.