Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
McDonalds Pokemon Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7687023796

October 30, 2021, 07:12 PM
piko
McDonalds Pokemon Cards
The furore in the USA that went down over the McDonalds Happy Meals Pokemon cards I think was unjustified
They have landed in New Zealand I went into town last week to get my car serviced and went to Mcds for lunch when I sat down there were 3 unopened packets with Pokemon on them lying on the table so I grabbed them was very disappointed they only had packs of cards in them
I actually thought that there were Promo cards in them I opened one 4 cards one of them a holo and a paper frame that you can put the cards in to show them
Were the packs specially made for McDs if not what was the panic about
October 31, 2021, 04:29 AM
catskilleagle
It should say "Made for McDonald's 2021" on the back of the pack.

Here's what the front of the pack looks like:

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
The furore in the USA that went down over the McDonalds Happy Meals Pokemon cards I think was unjustified
They have landed in New Zealand I went into town last week to get my car serviced and went to Mcds for lunch when I sat down there were 3 unopened packets with Pokemon on them lying on the table so I grabbed them was very disappointed they only had packs of cards in them
I actually thought that there were Promo cards in them I opened one 4 cards one of them a holo and a paper frame that you can put the cards in to show them
Were the packs specially made for McDs if not what was the panic about

October 31, 2021, 10:24 AM
Raven
With regulars and halos its a 50 card 25th Anniversary set. I believe all the cards are reprints, if they had new designs it probably would have been a madhouse. Not sure if you can tell the difference in the cards outside of the packs. Hardly matters, they were free with food so you got all those 45 year-olds snacking down on Happy Meals. Big Grin

Why the panic? It's Pokemon. What's that mean? Nothing to me, but somebody's buying it and that's enough.
November 01, 2021, 01:13 AM
mykdude
I'm just glad they are getting graded already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15467...a:g:HaYAAOSwT8lhet88

November 01, 2021, 02:56 AM
piko
Jeez did they get free grading 99c
As far as I know they have just arrived here there seems to be no hurry for anyone to get them .
As i said mine came gratis they were just lying on the table
I have had another look at the wrapper and it has Mcdonalds on it but the cards seem to have no indication of what they were for
I will try and get the set of packs and that will be it
But to get them graded that takes the cake
November 01, 2021, 07:40 AM
mykdude
I think you can get a full set for under $15 on ebay. Please oh card gods let this grading bubble burst!