Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Does anyone know anything about these 2 promo strips, marvel, comic images

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7597042916

April 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
peterc
Does anyone know anything about these 2 promo strips, marvel, comic images
i have these 2 4 card promo strips from comic images. They are from 1992. each one is a 4 card strip. two diffrent versions. One seems to be prism, the other sort of a refractor. can anyone give the real story behind these and if they are rare or common. thank you.

April 20, 2012, 12:05 PM
simpsonscardman
They do remind me of the stuff that was given away in Previews back in the day??
April 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
peterc
lord i hope not.
April 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
simpsonscardman
quote:
Originally posted by peterc:
lord i hope not.

Dont be too hasty??i cant see many keeping them??you could be on to a good thing?? Wink
April 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Tattoox
I never realized there was two different ones. I have one or two, somewhere.

April 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
peterc
To be honest. I have not had great response on these. I do not know why as I have never seen these before elsewhere except for the one person with an asking price of almost $800 on a certain site. Thats for just one. I have both versions and cant even get watchers on it at a fraction of that. Mad
SIDE NOTE: these scans I posted here were done at UPS store, as PDF and the lady who did em cut off the bottom part of the strip. They promised me it would all fit. And they had the nerve to charge me an extra $2.00 for internet useage? I didnt even touch their computers.
April 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
Tattoox
LOL, sorry, but $800 is crazy. There's none on ebay right now, but I've seen them cheap around $20. I'm a cheap *******, so I doubt I paid over $10 for the one I have. I'll go see if I can find it to see which one I have.

April 20, 2012, 05:54 PM
peterc
theres three on ebay. my two and the other guys. Im not sure what exactly this thing is called so I have it under marvel 4 card uncut prism and marvel 4 card uncut refractor. the other guy is using

1990's MARVEL FRACTAL