Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
WCW Series 1(help needed and do i open or not??)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7377042926

March 05, 2013, 01:52 PM
simpsonscardman
WCW Series 1(help needed and do i open or not??)
as a big wwe fan,i couldnt resist picking these up from 1998.great price aswell.12 sealed hobby boxes.taking a quick look at the checklist and some big names signed for this set!

cant see any boxes online anywhere and i have no idea what these are worth but i would take a punt a $50-60? so either way i think ive hit on a good one??even if there are only 1 autograph in every 2 boxes?a little puzzled why these ended up in England aswell??

i will have to do some research on these.so any help would be great.thanks
March 05, 2013, 02:17 PM
estephano
Assuming you mean the series by Topps, autographs were in 1:40 packs.

Here's the checklist with scans for this series: http://www.wrestlingtradingcar...cw_nwo_series_1.html
March 05, 2013, 02:21 PM
estephano
Oh, and regarding the value... a UK dealer has them listed for £10.00 BIN per factory sealed box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Topp...sd%3D271147373621%26
March 05, 2013, 02:56 PM
chesspieceface
Those are retail boxes in the Ebay auction, so they are different than what Simpsoncardman bought, since the retail boxes have no autographs in them, but they do have exclusive stickers.

I think they would've sold already at that price, were there autographs possible in them.

Estephano, as a general rule of the board, I think is OK to talk about prices for something on Ebay (or elsewhere), but I don't think we're supposed to post direct links to active listings in the regular section, since it is like advertising.

Welcome to the board! Wavey

March 05, 2013, 03:11 PM
estephano
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

Estephano, as a general rule of the board, I think is OK to talk about prices for something on Ebay (or elsewhere), but I don't think we're supposed to post direct links to active listings in the regular section, since it is like advertising.

Welcome to the board! Wavey

I didn't mean to advertise anything, especially since I don't even know the seller. I just wanted to give the OP a link to look at what the box sells for. I felt throwing in a price without reference/back-up wasn't right.

So what boxes were the autographs in if it says autographs can be found in 1:40 packs?
March 05, 2013, 10:30 PM
chesspieceface
The ones with autographs will usually have a little "H" symbol on them which stands for hobby, and very often, if a Topps set has autographs, it'll also say so right on the box.

March 06, 2013, 03:00 AM
simpsonscardman
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
The ones with autographs will usually have a little "H" symbol on them which stands for hobby, and very often, if a Topps set has autographs, it'll also say so right on the box.

each box has an'H'on it.so they are hobby boxes.