Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Hard to Find "Forgotten" Cards from the 90s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard to Find "Forgotten" Cards from the 90s
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another one of the official, pack-pulled, blank-backed autograph cards, this one being Carla Codallo, from the Pro Cheerleaders set (Lime Rock, 1992). It's also not on Allender's listing.

Posts: 4590 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone got a good deal on the very hard to find MAXX (Topps) foil card # 5, released in 1994 which I think came 1 per case. The person got all 6 foils for a mere $ 29.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29667...tkp%3ABk9SR9rrnK_OZA

Meanwhile, 2 other sellers have the send in redemption card for the foil card # 5, and they are asking about $ 150 for it.

Posts: 4789 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bassam Abdul-Baki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's another one of the official, pack-pulled, blank-backed autograph cards, this one being Carla Codallo, from the Pro Cheerleaders set (Lime Rock, 1992). It's also not on Allender's listing.

Pro Football Cheerleaders (NFL) Lime Rock - 1992

Posts: 26 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Someone got a good deal on the very hard to find MAXX (Topps) foil card # 5, released in 1994 which I think came 1 per case. The person got all 6 foils for a mere $ 29.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29667...tkp%3ABk9SR9rrnK_OZA

Meanwhile, 2 other sellers have the send in redemption card for the foil card # 5, and they are asking about $ 150 for it.

I have a redemption card for autograph card from this set somewhere.

Posts: 3279 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the Sam Keith auto on MAXX a unique card or an autographed single from the set ?

Posts: 4180 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
As I recall, it was a regular base card with a wispy thin signature in gold ink and absolutely no authenticating markers of any kind on it, much like with the Star Wars Galaxy Series 1 & 2 artist autograph cards Topps issued around the same time.

In pretty much all cases with the Maxx and Star Wars signed cards, as a result of that missing crucial factor, the redemption card is considerably more collectible (that is, more valuable) than the actual autograph card you would have received after mailing it in.

Posts: 3370 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
As I recall, it was a regular base card with a wispy thin signature in gold ink and absolutely no authenticating markers of any kind on it, much like with the Star Wars Galaxy Series 1 & 2 artist autograph cards Topps issued around the same time.

In pretty much all cases with the Maxx and Star Wars signed cards, as a result of that missing crucial factor, the redemption card is considerably more collectible (that is, more valuable) than the actual autograph card you would have received after mailing it in.

I'm glad I never redeemed it then. I can't remember if it had already expired when I pulled it.

Posts: 3279 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this is the card ? Can someone please post the image for me ? It sold. Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305720419707

Posts: 4789 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is what Snart cards # 29 to 36 look like. No one seems to know how they were available. They may not have even been officially released, but they DO exist. Only cards # 1-28 came in the comics. These 8 cards are VERY RARE.

https://nonsportupdate.infopop...067024186#4067024186

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I was thinking again about this thread...

How about the Ralph Snart cards from the NOW Comics in the early 90s ? The first 28 cards are not that hard to find. You can track them down one by one on ebay, by finding the comics that they were inserted in.

However, there also exist the elusive cards # 29 to 36. To date, no one knows for sure how and where they were distributed, if they were released at all. But they are out there. These 8 cards were not inserted in the comics, like 1-28, as NOW abruptly cancelled the comic, circa 1993.