Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Congressional Baseball Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6627085896

May 02, 2022, 10:01 AM
Bill Mullins
Congressional Baseball Cards
Every year, the Republicans and Democrats in Congress play against each other in a baseball game. The proceeds are used as a fund raiser for various charities in the Washington DC region. For the last several years, there have been sets of baseball cards printed up for the game. Since the people pictured are politicians, I've always thought of these cards as nonsports cards even though they are also baseball.

You can get a set of last year's cards here.
May 02, 2022, 06:32 PM
catskilleagle
Thanks, Bill. Yeah, that's non-sports all the way since it isn't professional nor even minor league baseball. It could be considered sort of a history set as it's connected to government. There's a 3-card celebrity softball set out there with MC Hammer. That would be non-sports too even with Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey Jr. because it's connected to a 90's MTV series.

People vote for congresspeople but does anyone really have a favorite one?
May 02, 2022, 11:00 PM
BeckettBible24
Just looking at the set, I would imagine the Marjorie Taylor Green would sell for a premium. As an OSU alum, it was nice to see an Anthony Gonzalez card in there.

On a side note, does anyone know how far back these go? I saw a sold listing online for the 2011 cards (along with the program for the game).