Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
A Non-Sport Morning

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6597056006

March 20, 2011, 09:46 PM
Batman
A Non-Sport Morning
This probably would a boring story, but I thought I would share since it was a good day for me. There are not too many card shows in my area, so a couple of weeks ago I checked to see if the one show in my area, which is 45 minutes away, was having a show as I was hoping the one non-sport card dealer would have some Star Wars Galaxy 6 boxes. I completely forgot about it until last night at about 2 in the morning, I was tired and figured I would probably skip it and sleep in. I got up at around 9am and decided I would make the trip as it was a nice day and maybe I would find a couple of Colts cards at the very least - COLT POWER!

So, I walk into the show and see no non-sport cards, until the last row and I see three boxes of Star Wars Galaxy 6 sitting on a table. I quickly make the purchase and return home very happy I made the journey. I am thinking I will open one now, keep one for NSU's open that box day, and just keep the last one sealed in the closet.

Off to Pete and Elda's for the world's best pizza and a few beers and the the NCAA tourney, and then home to get ready for bed and to open one box of SWG 6. Not too much on the first ten packs, but then a sketch card that looks like a painting, and another fun manga type sketch, and then I pull what looks like another sketch, which it was except it's a Carrie Fisher sketchagraph!

I was of course incredibly happy with my one box, and I was glad I made the trip which I was extremely close to blowing off as I thought it would be a waste of time. Sometimes it's good to just take a chance, even though the odds may seem long! Smile

March 20, 2011, 09:51 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Congratulations, Batman!

I am uber-jealous right now as that is the one sketchagraph that I would love to pull since Leia has always been a favorite of mine, but congrats!

Val

March 20, 2011, 10:23 PM
Juelle Lou
What a great story Batman!

Those are three fantastic cards you pulled, I hope your other two boxes have just as exciting pulls for you too Clap
March 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
cheifbrody
nice Wink
March 20, 2011, 10:44 PM
webjon
great pull!
March 20, 2011, 10:57 PM
H_Toser
Congrats Batman. Let's hope you have this kind of luck on Open That Box! day and Open That Box! night at the Philly Show. Big Grin

March 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
wolfie
Congrats on the sketchagraph, very nice. Smile

March 21, 2011, 08:33 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Lucky you!! Smile
March 21, 2011, 08:35 AM
Freddy
Congrats on the fantastic find.
I like those, especially the "sketchagraph."

March 21, 2011, 01:29 PM
hcbrewer
picutres, we want to see pictures Smile

March 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
A_Biegel
Congrats on making it to Pete & Elda's! 2nd best pizza on the East Coast!

~Alan
March 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
hammer
3 GREAT pulls Thumb Up
March 21, 2011, 05:37 PM
spidergoblin
great for you batman Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 21, 2011, 06:49 PM
X
That's some luck - great story!
March 23, 2011, 05:53 AM
goldenavenger
Congrats on your pulls!! They are very nice!!!! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744
March 23, 2011, 10:50 PM
BILLZEE
Congrats Batty Bob! And now... lets all sing a song that comes to mind (looking at that Carrie Fisher auto sketch)...

Dance

Some guys have all the luck...
Some guys get all the breaks...

Drool
April 12, 2011, 07:25 AM
TC00

That's amazing - see and I was always told being spontanious was a bad thing! lol.

Congrats. Bouncey

-TC00.