Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
My son wants a Monster Truck card set!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6577065016

October 02, 2011, 06:03 PM
ifish73
My son wants a Monster Truck card set!
Not sure if this really falls under non-sport or not but my son has asked me why they don't make a monster truck card set. Seems like a real easy set to make in principle and there must be a decent fan base since they sell out those shows all over the country. Don't know how hard it would be to get a liscense agreement with Feld Motorsports (I think that is the owner of Monster Jam). base set, Cards with pieces of the trucks, autographs of the drivers, maybe even a redemtion to win a trip to a show. As far as I know the only card of a Monster Truck I saw was a Bigfoot card from Allen & Ginter a year or two ago.
October 02, 2011, 06:06 PM
Ryan Cracknell
There was a Bigfoot set, I think from the early 90s. I opened a couple packs a few years ago. They were pretty cheap. Nothing fancy.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
October 02, 2011, 06:15 PM
webjon

You can find boxes for about $10 and sets for $5.

Besides the Allen and Ginter that is the only other set I know of. . .

Good luck.

Jon
October 02, 2011, 10:40 PM
ifish73
I had seen those before. I guess there is some sort of issue with Bigfoot and the Monster Jam people since he is not part of Monster Jam.
October 03, 2011, 02:30 PM
Mister E.
There was a card set Monster Trucks out quite a few years ago, and when I find what box they are in - I know that I am missing 1 card for a full set.

June 03, 2022, 08:17 PM
Ivan
Are I have some extra Bigfoot trading cards for Bob Chandler I'll be glad to trade I need someone to finish my set
June 04, 2022, 11:30 AM
Bill Mullins
There was a 1988 set from Leesley:

and a 1990 set from Classic:

June 11, 2022, 01:27 PM
chesspieceface
As the original post is from over 10 years ago, it's possible that ifish73's son now has his own Monster Truck.

June 12, 2022, 10:55 AM
ifish73
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
As the original post is from over 10 years ago, it's possible that ifish73's son now has his own Monster Truck.

Just a car, not a monster truck. Thumb Up

Unfortunately he didn't really catch the card bug so no need for us to find monster truck cards.
June 12, 2022, 02:47 PM
catskilleagle
Back in the mid-2000's, I was working in Florida and stopped in a Beef O'Bradys restaurant. Good burger. On the way out I walked by a stack of uncut sheets of monster truck cards. This one says it's Volume 2 so I assume there's a Volume 1 and maybe a Volume 3. I went back about a week later but they didn't have any sheets.

June 13, 2022, 02:45 PM
chesspieceface
Cool cards. I like the way they are situated so that it appears to be a monster truck demolition derby. I honestly wouldn't know which to root for in such a spectacular showdown. Gotta go Blue Thunder. I wonder if Tony Farrell (RIP) is driving there.

July 26, 2022, 09:52 PM
catskilleagle
Today, I realized I had another set of monster truck cards. This is the 6-card "Awesome Road Construction" set that was inserted as an uncut perforated sheet with the "Awesome Road Construction" 2 Tape Set from the "Awesome" series on VHS. Other subjects include aircraft, amusement park rides, and motorcycles.

This sheet measures 6 3/4 x 7 inches and the cards bear descriptive text on the backs. The cards are undated but the video box is dated 1994.