Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
X-Files Season 2 (Topps, 1996) Error Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6567014316

November 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
Tommy C
X-Files Season 2 (Topps, 1996) Error Cards
I never knew until reading the entry on Jeff Allendar's House of Checklist site today, that the 2nd X-Files set from 1996, had a bunch of the common cards with text that was later altered and corrected in later printings. Did anyone else know that ? I bought all of the Topps X-Files cards back in the 1990s and never heard of this before
November 24, 2011, 01:47 PM
cardaddict
Here's the error list, scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.nslists.com/xfiles2.htm
November 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
Tattoox
Wow, I've totally forgot about that, but I don't remember it being so many. Guess I never looked for that close for errors.

November 24, 2011, 02:39 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I have most of them. I also have cards in German and Italian.

November 25, 2011, 03:04 AM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have most of them. I also have cards in German and Italian.

There's French, and maybe Spanish text too. It's been a long time since I've looked through them. I've forgot more about X-Files collecting than most will ever know, lol. BTW, I'm missing one of a four card Korean DVD card set. Wink

November 25, 2011, 08:30 AM
cardaddict
I only have a few of the error cards. I meant to pursue them but in this everything older then a day is ancient history society things like that keep getting pushed back, added to my want list, and then I find I don't have the time to go after them because 10 more new and interesting items have been added. But one day....!
August 16, 2017, 03:03 AM
catskilleagle
I have been meaning to ask about a card I have (have had it almost twenty years and was dealt to me as an oddball promo or error card). It's an unnumbered Season 2 title card which should be #1 in the regular set. It does not include the Cris Carter credit. Is that the same one or is there a title card that is numbered and also missing the Carter credit? If someone can show a scan of the error and corrected card of than, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jess
August 16, 2017, 09:42 AM
David R
On card 36, did they change the front photo or the back photo ?
August 16, 2017, 10:32 AM
cardaddict
On card 36,the error card has the wrong photo on the back.

I also have that Season Two uncredited title card and I believe that is the only variant.