Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
GEM MINT 10 HARD PLASTIC HOLDERS

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6297098006

March 24, 2011, 09:56 PM
cheifbrody
GEM MINT 10 HARD PLASTIC HOLDERS
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the card out of these,allrightforsomebutnotforme,hard plastic card prisons ? or are they suppose to be in there for life,i bought 2 cards that came in these (and i knew what i was getting into) but i thought i'ed be able to take it out,but as of yet been unable to solve the puzzle,whats the deal with these pks anyway ? if all cards came in them there'ed be no room left,so without going ourt to find a buzz saw does anyone know the trick or where the release button is ?
March 24, 2011, 11:43 PM
webjon
Depends on the type/brand. . .

The ones I wound up with had a ridge around the edge, I just snapped the ridge off with a pair of pliers and was good to go. . . it was nerve wracking though.
March 25, 2011, 02:11 AM
Scifi Cards
There is no release mechanism. These were made to encapsulate the card forever.

I've heard various stories, and Jon is right that it matters whose holder as some are better than others.

Good luck, and take your time. It would be a shame to ruin a good card.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

April 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
cheifbrody
I did it,I took my gem mt 10 hard pack to work and put it under a guillotine,it was a bit of a struggle (don't try it at home kids)but now my card is ready to go in a 9 pocket pack Wink
April 29, 2011, 01:38 PM
glen87
what was the card? could you have sold the gem mint 10 to someone willing to pay a premium for it, then used the money to buy a cheaper non graded version, and have some cash left over? i have done this many times with sports cards.
April 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
cheifbrody
Hi Glen,now you tell me, Wink it was a Danica Patrick,the only other versions of the card I see on ebay are also in the gem prison packs.
April 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
glen87
thats too bad - i just remember when i used to collect drew bledsoe cards - i would be able to pick up his sp authentic rookies graded at a decent price at local shows, sell them online, and then go buy 2-3 of them locally ungraded. all for the price of the one graded one