Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anthony Daniels signed printing plate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anthony Daniels signed printing plate
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Today I pulled an autographed Anthony Daniels 1/1 Magenta printing plate from the Journey to the Force Awakens Hobby Box. Being this is a unique item I am having a hard time pricing it. Any thought?

Posts: 2 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 21, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would guess around $500, give or take.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input Logan. Anyone else? I am trying to attach a picture but can't seem to make it happen.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 21, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one because it's a combination. The printing plates in both Journey to Star Wars and Star Wars : The Force Awakens are running between $120 - $135 in the guide. I think that's a little low. An Anthony Daniels' auto for Journey is still n/a, but the higher odds in Force lists him at $123.

If you just want to combine that it's at least $250, but again that doesn't account for the individual plate that may be very rare. Best bet is to see if you can find a completed sale on a similar autographed plate. Even then it will just be ballpark until you actually try to sell it.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Price guides are all good...
But I'd put it $600.

It's a 1/1. I know someone will say it's 1/4 but It's 1/1.... Price accordingly Printing Plate come roughly 1 in 2 cases if memory serves. Autographed Printing Plates are even rarer.

going back to the Guide, A Brent Spiner First Contact Autograph is Valued @ $700 in the Guide...

I'm a buyer all day Long at that price! 20 years ago I got 2 of them Both Sold Over 1300...

There is one that pops up ever so often on eBay @ $1400 & I think it's a Damn Good price...just no room for resale.

I was given advice that the New Star Trek #1 Cut Signature would be about 3k..... it went for 7,500.

Put it $600 OBO & see what happens

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:

It's a 1/1. I know someone will say it's 1/4 but It's 1/1.... Price accordingly Printing Plate come roughly 1 in 2 cases if memory serves. Autographed Printing Plates are even rarer.

Big Grin Yeah, I'd have to raise my hand on that one. I do regard it as 1 of 4 when it's printing plates, even autographed plates.

But to me the driving force in supply and demand is always the demand. The supply could be as rare as rare can be and if no one wants it, no one wants it. I have seen many numbered autograph cards in very small print ranges and even ones stamped 1/1 that sell for minimal amounts. I have also seen them sell for amounts where people should have their head examined. Wink

So if you can figure it out, you are better than me.

As for price guides, people will quote them like the Bible when it suits them, and completely ignore them when it doesn't. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Anthony Daniels has signed a lot of cards...but a One of One is still a great Hit. You will find a buyer...may take some time but it is usually Worth it.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The redeemed Black plate is up now for $1,500
The 1/1 signed card is up now for $3,000
The gold #10/10 signed card recently sold for $220
(Incredibly, the gold #1/10 sold for only $125, a great price for the buyer. Usually, the version #'d to 25 sells for more than that).

Considering the previous educated guesses and the pricing info above, I'd say your card is worth about $750, perhaps more to someone looking to acquire the full set of all 4.
But if someone is out to do that, we know $1,500 is too rich for them on the black plate or else they'd have bought it. (Generally, black is the best looking plate, although I think the cyan yellow plate for C-3PO might also have a premium, given the droid's color.) Regardless, that magenta one will be a very handsome item. Congrats!

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure if anyone is still here, but I have the cyan plate that has been talked about on here. Any idea of its worth?

Posts: 1 | Location: Canada  | Registered: November 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post