Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Vintage Poster Sci-Fi & Horror MASTER SET!! - tons of pics

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/5557075216

November 08, 2011, 02:10 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Vintage Poster Sci-Fi & Horror MASTER SET!! - tons of pics
I've been putting this together for years, and after getting the last sketch card I needed at the Philly show, it's finally complete! The whole base set, all chase, all promos, all incentives, all autographs and a sketch card from every artist.

You'll notice there are two Brian Kong and two Corbett Vanoni sketch cards - there is a variation on some sketch card backs that I'll probably pursue (some have the artists name and bio, others are generic), but for all intents and purposes (and my sanity! Smile) this is complete. I may also try to track down color variations on the signatures, too. And behind the Beverly Garland auto is one missing the signature.

November 08, 2011, 02:32 PM
MikeFitz
Congratulations Ted!
This is one of my favorite sets in quite a while.
Would you consider going for an uncut sheet as well. Drool

November 08, 2011, 02:44 PM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
Congratulations Ted!
This is one of my favorite sets in quite a while.
Would you consider going for an uncut sheet as well. Drool

Thanks! Yeah, easily one of my favorite all-time sets.

If it doesn't fit in the binder (or my budget!), then no. Big Grin

One thing I haven't been able to track down, and I'm not even sure they were printed, is a sell sheet. I have a pdf of it that I need to run off myself, but I don't know if there's an "official" one floating around.
November 08, 2011, 04:10 PM
wolfie
Great set, i have that double autograph card in a frame in the bedroom.

November 08, 2011, 04:51 PM
RevJay
Very nicely done!
Congratulations!!
November 08, 2011, 05:45 PM
cardaddict
That is a very impressive collection. I especially like the cards for Forbidden Planet and 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY which, as everyone knows, is the best movie ever made.
November 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
beamer
Here is the official ad slick for this series. It is 8.5 X 11. I will have to check my stash, but if i have another Ted, it's yours.

November 11, 2011, 12:24 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Beamer I hope you have another! Drool

Who signed it on the bottom?
November 11, 2011, 01:51 AM
Chuck Bartowski
Very nice set. Congrats on completing it!
November 11, 2011, 07:41 AM
treksearcher
I've sold a couple of runs of this and now I'm trying to put a run together for myself. Need a few Sketches to complete, but not in any hurry.

Also trying to put a master Set of Series 2 together but some of the Artists only did a few sketches.

Tom really raised the Bar with level of sketch quality for this set and continues with his other releases.

Your sketches look great Ted, always nice when you complete a master set.
November 11, 2011, 07:47 AM
beamer
Ted,
Found it. I did have an extra.

As for the signature, I actually just noticed it on the bottom. Can't remember who it was, but I will figure it out. Shoot me an email when you get time.
November 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Congrats, I'm still looking for the Kevin McCarthy! Nice sketches too.

November 11, 2011, 10:51 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Beamer, you've got an email coming your way....

I think the autograph may be Steven Miller.

treksearcher - I wanted to do Series 2 but there's no way I'd be able to afford it. Especially like you said, when some artists only did 5 sketch cards. I did pick up one of mine on the secondary market, though. Smile
November 11, 2011, 06:09 PM
beamer
Ted,
You are 100% correct. It was Steven Miller. He signed it for me at the Philly Show years ago.
November 11, 2011, 06:54 PM
Chrisahend
That's still one of my favorite sets. You even managed to get one of my harder to find sketches.

Are you going to try to get any of the printing plates? I tried to get a set of 4 but can't seem to get more than 2 of any card.
November 12, 2011, 08:08 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
That's still one of my favorite sets. You even managed to get one of my harder to find sketches.

Are you going to try to get any of the printing plates? I tried to get a set of 4 but can't seem to get more than 2 of any card.

I think yo're the only artist that did Flash Gordon, I don't remember ever seeing another. And since it was so unique, I had to have it. Smile

I'm not concerned about the plates, especially since they're all 1/1 and were only sold on the secondary market (I think, I remember seeing them on Ebay a lot).
November 12, 2011, 05:05 PM
treksearcher
I picked up a few of the Printing Plates but did not try and get a set of 4 so don't know if was difficult.
November 12, 2011, 10:14 PM
WoofyTrades
This collection is 100% win. Congratulations and thanks for sharing Elephant