Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANCHOR BAY CARDS
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Can anyone give me values on Anchor Bay cards?

Single card values if possible.

Posts: 975 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There were a lot of different ones as the cards were released for a few years in a row. It seems most singles would be considered common promos, the kind dealers at shows sell in dollar binders.

Perhaps if any were packed with DVDs or were mail-in promos, those would be sold at a premium. As always, more popular subjects on the cards help value. There are several with Elvira on them, and she still has a lot of fans.

I have some singles from a few of the different series, and maybe 10 different doubles of those. I would be happy to trade with anyone who has some I don't have (which is most of them).

Posts: 3335 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
In the latest edition of PCE (2008), Todd Jordan lists all AB horror dvd cards at $1 each, except the 13-card director set which are $4 each.

There are a total of 12 diff series of them (including the two diff series 9, variant version of series 1 from Canada, and MoH Director set)

Heres my opinion on collecting them & their value.

I find Series 1 and Series 7 to be the easiest to find.
I think Series 5 is the most difficult, and there are a handful of cards that I've never seen which I believe were destroyed & never released.

PCE doesn't list Series 8, and omits the last series 9 (the one with 7 cards). Guess Todd will add them in the next PCE edition(?)

My value for the majority of AB cards is $2 to $4.
Exception might be Lightning Bug from the Canada set which I value over $10.

I agree w/chesspieceface that some promos with Elvira or Bruce Campbell or a fav director, etc could be valued slightly higher (but still under $5)

A personal fav of mine is the Jennifer card (director Dario Argento)from Series 3. Its based on a Bernie Wrightson comic book horror story from the sixties.

I also have these to trade if anyone want to contact me... Hope this is helpful!

Posts: 2237 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post